Plan International Human Resource Consultant–Maternity Cover Jobs in Uganda
Plan International Human Resource Consultant–Maternity Cover Jobs in UgandaThe Role We are seeking to recruit 1 consultant at HR Officer level who will be responsible for HR administration and recruitment tasks as per the job duties herein.
The terms of the consultancy are;
• This consultancy position will strictly be for 3 Months
• Working hours: 8 hours a day from 8:00-5:00pm and 5 days a week.
• Payment will be a daily rate of Ugx 97,398/=. The summation of this is paid at the end of the month and is subject to 6% withholding tax,
• Date for commencement of this consultancy: 3rd August 2020
• The Consultant will report to the HR Coordinator. .
• Initiate recruitment and selection activities, placing advertisements, reviewing CVs, organising interviews, sitting in on first interviews, maintaining records and, preparing contracts for full time staff
• Conduct induction for new recruits, including reference checks, work permit applications, medicals, inclusion on benefits, office tours, and explaining office administration requirements
• Ensure applicants are responded to and applications are archived.
HR Administration and Day-to-Day Management:
• Maintain accurate and up to date records (Staff files and electronic HRIS)
• Maintain and update the HR information system and processes ( Joiners, leavers, Leave records)
• Track HR data for contract renewals and other significant HR events and anniversaries
• Compile management reports from database on a monthly basis.
• Coordinate the medical insurance staff coverage scheme by ensuring all staff are covered, claims are processed, exiting staff are deleted and staff are timely updated on any changes in the insurance entitlements. etc
• Draft contracts, HR related templates and staff letters to include, confirmation letters etc.
Staff Exit Management
• Proactively manage staff terminations including exit interviews
• Coordinate staff clearance and terminal dues information.
Skills and Competencies
• Good Communication Skills( both written and oral)
• Negotiation skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multi task
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all Human Resource information.
• A self-starter who is able to work on own initiative with limited supervision
Knowledge and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human resource management or related discipline.
• At least a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a busy human resources department
• Knowledge and experience in handling HR issues with reference to the Uganda Labour laws
• Proven skills in the full range of general HR needs including data management, administration, recruitment, pay and employee relations is essential
• Knowledge and experience of interfacing with a Human Resources Information System
• Behaves consistently in approach to work and decision-making
• Strongly drives performance forward in area of the business for which they are responsible together with the team
• Sets a strong learning culture in their part of the organisation
• Remains calm and positive under pressure and in difficult situations
• Aware of impact on others and adjusting own behaviour accordingly
• Tolerant of difference - cultural sensitivity in relation to its impact on HR
How to Apply
Interested Candidates that match the requirement can send their CV’s by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th July 2020.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.