PELUM Uganda Programme Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation Jobs
PELUM Uganda Programme Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation Jobs
Job summaryThe job holder will be responsible for monitoring and evaluation as well as ensure that organizational activities and results are achieved in a cost effective and timely manner.
S/he will be responsible for designing, coordination and implementation of the M&E system, research & learning framework for PELUM Uganda programmes and projects.
She/he will also support the resource mobilization function. .
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Programme Planning, development and implementation
• Participate in the design, development and implementation of PELUM’s programmes/projects.
• Ensure the incorporation of appropriate M&E as well as Knowledge Management components and resources in the respective programmes and projects.
• Coordinate baseline studies and generally ensure that the design of PELUM Uganda’s programmes are based on a sound evidence base.
• Support the PELUM Uganda programme team in ensuring that organizational interventions are implemented in a result/outcome-oriented manner.
• Participate in review of the Strategic plan programmes ensuring continued relevance in a changing environment.
• Participate in the review of the Strategic plan programmes ensuring continued relevance to the members’ needs and priorities.
• Participate in the development, implementation and review of annual and quarterly work plans
• Ensure programme deliverables meet quality standards and proactively seek input from relevant substantive internal experts.
• Support the convening of regular Programme planning and review meetings as appropriate.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Develop a comprehensive M&E framework that is aligned to the strategic Plan of PELUM including appropriate quality standards and indicators.
• Develop project and programme specific M&E frameworks.
• Design and operationalize an appropriate data and information management system to support the M&E function in the organization.
• Develop, pre-test and disseminate appropriate tools for data collection across the various projects and programmes of the organization.
• Build the capacity of all programme staff in M&E and support them in rolling out the M&E function in their respective programmes.
• Provide technical advice and follow up with programme implementers to ensure compliance with the M&E needs of the organization.
• Organize and undertake periodic monitoring visits across programmes to ensure compliance with programming quality standards.
• Coordinate the timely collection of good quality M & E data, analyze and prepare appropriate
• M&E reports for the various projects and programmes to meet internal organizational and donor needs.
• Coordinate periodic (mid-term and end of term) project/programme reviews and evaluations and ensure that they are undertaken in a timely manner.
• Coordinate annual CB Monitoring visits.
• Regularly use M&E data to compile quality reports to the Country Board, donor reports and annual reports in collaboration with programme staff.
Learning and knowledge management
• Organize reflection and learning fora to enable staff to share experiences from programme implementation and draw lessons from successes and failures.
• Ensure ongoing research, documentation, codification and sharing of promising practices
• Support the management team to ensure that the evidence and learning from programme implementation, informs decision making and ongoing improvement of organizational programming practices.
Member’s M&E Capacity Building
• Identify the capacity development needs of member organizations in the area of M&E as well as knowledge management.
• Plan and execute capacity building interventions and activities (trainings, learning visits, technical backstopping and mentorships) for member organizations and other partners in the areas of Monitoring, Evaluation and knowledge management.
Other Tasks and
• Participate in the organisation’s key events and represent the organisation in relevant fora.
• Provide technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to Programme Staff and volunteers.
• Support and participate in other programme area activities when required.
• In collaboration with the Management Team, identify existing and potential funding opportunities, and participate in the technical aspects of project proposal development processes.
• Facilitate donor visits and assessments as necessary.
• Identify thematic advocacy issues and forward them to the advocacy team.
• Participate in defining programme and financial objectives, targets and monitoring processes and collect, collate and share relevant project information in line with the programme M&E framework.
• Participate in the documentation and sharing of learnings from programme implementation
• Ensure that resources under his/her care are properly deployed and utilised.
In addition to individual respective tasks, all PELUM employees are expected:
• Participate in research agendas and ensure findings inform programme designs.
• To adhere to our organizational values and to actively promote their application amongst colleagues.
• To undertake tasks in a creative, self-driven and innovative fashion.
• Participate in raising resources for building PELUM’s reserves.
• Ensure that all activities are implemented in a gender sensitive manner.
• Adhere to PELUM’s policies, procedures, and performance expectations in all functions.
• To identify and implement additional tasks/ ideas of benefit to the organization (whether directly linked to one’s job or not).
• Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
The attainment of the above will be reflected in the employee’s appraisal, as well as the achievement of outputs, as described in above key responsibilities.
Bachelors in Statistics, Development Studies, Management Information System or any other relevant degree.
A post graduate training in project M&E at Diploma or Masters level is a must.
At least 5 years of experience in the designing and implementation of M&E systems preferably in a reputable NGO setting.
• Skills in project Monitoring and Evaluation and knowledge in data analysis tools. Project development and proposal writing, and implementation of development-type projects.
• Multi-tasking, attention to detail, critical reasoning and problem solving, ability to work under pressure in a complex organization proactive.
Communication and interpersonal relationship
• Capacity to understand and analyse national, regional, and local politics, ability to understand new issues.
Other important considerations
Women are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Application, including a cover letter giving reasons why you are suitable for the post, plus a CV and copies of all relevant certificates, testimonials and contacts of 3 referees, should be sent to:
The Country Coordinator,
Plot 41, Factory Road, Ntinda
P.O. Box 35804, Kampala
Applicants who choose to send their applications by E-mail can do so by sending to
firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Deadline for submission of applications is Friday 16th October 2020 at 5.00 pm.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.