PELUM Uganda Administrator and Human Resource Officer Jobs
PELUM Uganda Administrator and Human Resource Officer Jobs
Job SummaryThe job holder is responsible for overseeing the general administrative and Human Resource function of the organization as well as to coordinate transport, logistics, security and front desk activities.
S/he is also responsible for both the human resource management and coordination function of the entire organization as well as providing technical support to the management team on HR issues.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Human Resource Management
• Spearhead human resource planning, forecasting and track deployment, in line with the strategic plan.
• Support management in the development, review and compliance with the organizational HR policy and ensure compliance with the employment Act and all national labour laws.
• Develop and maintain functional and efficient human resources management and administration systems, processes, and procedures.
• Guide management and staff on employment law and statutory obligations as well as PELUM’s own employment policies and procedures.
• Execute employee screening and selection processes.
• Develop and maintain up to date job descriptions for all positions.
• Ensure that all staff have valid employment contracts and appointment letters.
• Conduct induction and orientation for all new employees.
• Ensure that all relevant HR information is obtained and secured including ensuring that confidentiality is upheld.
• Undertake staff capacity needs assessment, spearhead the professional development planning and execution based on the needs and capacities of the organization.
• Administer compensation and benefits involving; contracts, working conditions, leave or redundancy packages with staff and representatives including management of leave schedules.
• Maintain health, safety and welfare of all employees including ensuring work life balance.
• Monitoring and reporting on staff performance including attendance and performance appraisal.
• Support the management team in implementing grievance and disciplinary procedures and standards
• Participate in and facilitate staff mediations and tribunals, etc. as required.
• Supervision of Administration assistant, Driver and performance planning and reviews.
• Facilitate volunteer placements in line with the volunteer policy.
Support to the Country Coordinator (CC)
Will provide administrative support to the Country Coordinator for smooth management of her/his day to day affairs as well as ensures most effective use of her/his time.
Handle sensitive and complex issues as appropriate especially in the absence of the Country Coordinator.
Specifically, will carry out the following duties:
• Manage the CC’s diary, assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary.
• Process CC’s correspondence, ensuring that incoming correspondence is dealt with by the CC & other staff as appropriate.
• Support organization of Country Board meetings and note taking.
• Draft briefing papers, reports, responding to mails and other correspondences and presentations for the CC.
• Ensure that Coordinator is well prepared for scheduled meetings, preparing agendas, pre-meeting briefings and meeting papers.
• Work as Executive Assistant to the Country Coordinator.
• Preparation of quarterly and annual reports in a timely manner in the administrative section.
• Maintain an integrated central filing system for the organization (both manual and electronic).
• Oversee the proper maintenance of office facilities including ICT infrastructure.
• Manage arrangements for the Board and Sub-Committee meetings, including production/distribution of agenda and papers.
• Provide administrative support to the CC in scheduling all meetings.
• Execute any other administrative tasks as deemed appropriate.
• Oversee and supervise the Admin Assistant, whilst implanting the front desk and cooperate affairs
• Guide and mentor Admin Assistant in effectively communicating to external stakeholders and providing customer care services.
Procurement and asset management
• Oversee inventory of office supplies and control their use and storage.
• Ensure all assets are insured at all times.
• Ensure assets are engraved within 7 days after
• Ensure appropriate procedures for access and utilization and safety of office assets and equipment including fleet management.
• Monitor and enforce compliance with procedures, rules, regulations and adherence to security and safety procedures.
• Ensure timely, cost effective procurement of all assets, hotels for activities in various regions of Uganda, service providers, etc.
• Purchase organization supplies and services in consultation with The Finance Officer.
• Maintain a database of providers of goods and services.
• Spear head the procurement of all Pelum services, goods and Assets
• Participate in the organisation’s key events and represent the organisation in relevant for a nationally and internationally.
• Provide technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to Admin Assistant, drivers, volunteers / interns and other assigned workers.
• Support and participate in other programme area activities when required.
• In collaboration with the Management Team, identify existing and potential funding
• opportunities, and participate in the HR and Administrative aspects of project proposal development processes.
• Ensure all resources under his or her care are properly deployed and utilised.
In addition to individual respective tasks, all PELUM employees are expected to:
• To adhere to our organizational values and to actively promote their application amongst colleagues.
• To undertake tasks in a creative, self-driven and innovative fashion.
• Participate in relevant organizational, meetings and fora.
• Participate in raising resources for building PELUM’s reserves.
• Ensure that all activities are implemented in a gender sensitive manner.
• Adhere to PELUM’s policies, procedures, and performance expectations in all functions.
• To identify and implement additional tasks/ ideas of benefit to the organization (whether directly linked to one’s job or not).
• Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
The attainment of the above will be reflected in the employee’s appraisal, as well as the achievement of outputs, as described in above key responsibilities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource, Organizational Psychology or any related field.
A Post graduate qualification in human resource management is an added advantage.
4 years’ experience in human resource and administrative duties in a busy organization. Management skills
• Conversant with people and performance management processes and practices. Good experience in Office Administration.
• Leadership and management skills
• Analytical skills, pays attention to detail, problem solving skills, organizer, ability to multi task without losing focus, good time management, mature and calm personality and self-driven.
Communication and Interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills (listening, verbal and writing). Ability to manage diversity. Good relational skills. Impeccable level of integrity and confidentiality.
Other important considerations
• Women are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Application, including a cover letter giving reasons why you are suitable for the post, plus a CV and copies of all relevant certificates, testimonials and contacts of 3 referees, should be sent to:
The Country Coordinator,
Plot 41, Factory Road, Ntinda
P.O. Box 35804, Kampala
Applicants who choose to send their applications by E-mail can do so by sending to
firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Deadline for submission of applications is Friday 16th October 2020 at 5.00 pm.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.