Peace Corps/Zambia Financial Specialist Jobs in Zambia
Peace Corps/Zambia Financial Specialist Jobs in Zambia General Description The Financial Specialist (FS) reports to the Deputy Director of Management and Operations (DDMO) and provides financial and accounting technical assistance, training and oversight, budgetary, procurement and reconciliation support to the Administrative Unit.
Tasks are focused primarily on establishing obligations, updating inventory data, vendor maintenance, processing collections, and ensuring VAT exemption.
The FS assists in procurement activities as assigned and may be trained to serve as a Warranted Overseas Contracting Officer.
The FS works with other members of the Finance Unit and also works closely with the Director of Management and Operations (DMO) and General Services Manager (GSM) on specific tasks and to process quarterly and annual reports.
In order to be selected for this position, the applicant must be legally eligible to work in Zambia, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following requirements:
• Education: A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field is required. A post graduate qualification at master’s level will be an added advantage.
• Prior work experience: Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting, cashiering or financial management with at least three (3) years professional experience in accounting and financial management with donor funded projects or international programs is required. Previous professional work experience working with USG financial and procurement regulations for at least two (2) years is preferred.
• Language proficiency: Level IV English ability (fluent).
• Knowledge: Thorough knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and procurement procedures and ability to interpret the complex regulations as well as in-depth knowledge and understanding of laws, regulations and procedures associated with international donor organizational financial operations, is required. Knowledge of USG financial and procurement procedures is preferred.
• Skills and abilities: The ability to work independently, high level of honesty and integrity; courtesy, promptness and deference to customers; time management, attention to detail and ability to maintain a well-organized office. Highly computer literate with advanced knowledge of MS Office – particularly MS Excel and an ability to generate complex financial spreadsheets. Strong communication and organizational skills. Must have the ability to work in a high volume productivity environment and handle issues promptly as required. )
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Peace Corps/Zambia Financial Specialist Jobs in Zambia
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.