PCEA Chogoria Hospital Pharmaceutical Technologist Jobs in Kenya
PCEA Chogoria Hospital Pharmaceutical Technologist Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsChogoria hospital was started by the Scottish missionaries back in 1922 with the help of Mr and Mrs. Irvine being in charge.
Chogoria hospital is on a side-road that branches off Embu - Meru highway about 2km from the highway.
Chogoria hospital was built in a serene environment around 200km north of Nairobi city.
It is situated within the fast-growing Chogoria township in the Mwimbi division, Maara district in Tharaka - Nithi county.
Reporting to the In-Charge Pharmacy, the position holder’s job purpose will be to deliver efficient and timely Pharmacy services.
• Scrutinizes Patient Treatment Sheets and Prescriptions for suitability of prescribed drugs in relation to dosing accuracy, drug interaction and route of administration Provide drug information to patients, doctors, nurses and other medical staff.
• Timely and accurate posting dispensed drugs for billing purposes.
• Assist the Pharmacy in-charge in placing orders for stock replenishment to the Pharmacy Store to maintain optimal stock levels
Participates in regular drug expiry monitoring in the pharmacy to identify and document items with expiry of less than the required.
• Compounding, re-packaging and dilutions of drugs according to laid down guidelines.
• Counsel patients appropriately to ensure adherence to drug therapy.
• Participate in stock take exercise and ensure timely explanation of stock variances.
• Training and supervising pharmaceutical technologist interns.
• Entering prescriptions orders into the computer and making labels appropriately
• Assist in preparing and sending periodic management reports.
• Document adverse drug reactions on patients.
• Participate in internal and external audits
• Receiving drugs and verifying against the Stock transfer printout
• Shelving of items appropriately
• Performing stock counts and stock movement analysis
• Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution
• Current and up to date registration with the Pharmaceutical and Poisons Board
• Keen on detail with a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to interpret prescription accurately.
• Outstanding communication skills
• Counseling skills
• Customer service skills
• Must be a mature practicing Christian
• Essential Personal Attributes
• Ability to work under pressure
• High standards of personal integrity
• Pleasant personality
• Ability to work under minimum supervision
How to Apply
Candidates who meet above minimum requirements are requested to submit their applications and enclosing their detailed CV (with 3 referees), certificates, testimonials (including a letter from local Church Minister) so as to reach the Chief Executive Officer by 4 p.m on Friday 22nd May 2020.
P.O. Box 35-60401
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.