Optical Clinic Optometrists Jobs in Zambia
Optical Clinic Optometrists Jobs in Zambia An optical clinic based in Ndola is looking to hire dynamic individuals for the positions of; Optometrist (x2) .
• Provide outpatient care for patients with eye-related disorders and conditions
• Conduct routine eye examinations, including visual field tests
• Determine each patient’s visual acuity, field of vision and hand-eye coordination
• Take detailed medical histories for all patients, including current and past prescription medications
• Evaluate eye-related symptoms, such as discharge, redness and inflammation
• Prescribe corrective lenses when required
• Advise patients about proper eye hygiene and care
• Document history including complaint and relevant symptoms, ocular health, medication usage, medical and family history, current vision aide if applicable, and any other pertinent data
• Examine eyes using observation, pharmaceutical agents and instruments to determine visual perception, acuity, coordination and focus.
• Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plan, including referrals, therapeutic prescriptions and long-term medical management, in patients’ charts
• Prescribe and fit vision aides such as contact lenses and eyeglasses
• Perform eye surgeries, such as laser vision correction and cataract, and provide pre- and post-operative care
• Maintain communication with ophthalmology, optical and support staff in order to optimize quality clinical care and service
• Doctor of Optometry (OD) Diploma. Degree will be an added advantage
• State optometric license
• Minimum two years of work experience
• Certified to use therapeutic pharmaceutical agents
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their applications, curriculum vitae and copies of certificates to:
The Human Resource Manager via email:
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.