NIC Holdings Ltd Assistant Manager IT – Business Systems Jobs in Uganda
NIC Holdings Ltd Assistant Manager IT – Business Systems Jobs in Uganda NIC Holdings Ltd is one of the largest financial institutions in East Africa with a network of branches spread across the country, offering a full range of insurance products and services in Life and Non-Life insurance businesses and Financial Management.
The company is seeking to recruit a focused, results-oriented, and suitable professional to fill the position of IT Officer – Business Systems.
Responsible for managing all organization business software systems technologies and providing technical support and training.
Key Result Areas
• Deputize for the Manager IT /Head ICT
• Assist in supervising the IT interns
• Assist in the full business automation efforts. This includes migration to the AIMS application software and other business applications that may be deployed.
• Assist in developing new software applications and/or modules as and when needed
• Test developed application systems.
• Administer/Monitor the email system.
• Provide help desk support on the AIMS application software including implementing approved modifications to the system.
• Provide advanced help desk support to staff on all NIC systems and network
• Assist personnel of other departments as an IT resource.
• Consult with management and users to determine the business system needs.
• Analyzing and communicating end-user needs by translating business requirements into software requirements.
• Designing and updating systems to meet the business goals
• Making recommendations for solutions or improvements to the business that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
• Develops and maintains technology policies, standards and procedures manual; develops and maintains related technology checklists.
• Responsible for the discovery, mitigation and documentation of information technology risks.Responsible for the completion of monthly risk management reports. Part of the team that prepares, maintains and tests a technology disaster recovery plan.
• Any other professional duties as may be required from time to time.
Minimum qualifications and competence requirement
• Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in IT or Computer Science
• At least two (2) years post qualification work experience performing similar tasks.
• Thorough knowledge of the AIMS Insurance Application is an added advantage.
Technical Skills and Experience
•More than 2 years experience in a software support or development
•Demonstrated programming skills with commercial experience is highly desirable
•Demonstrated SQL and some PSQL programming skills is highly desirable
•Demonstrated Web Development skills is desirable
•Good formal documentation skills is highly desirable
•Demonstrated investigative and problem solving skills is highly desirable
Additional IT Skills of Value
•Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Windows and Linux operating systems.
•Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Internet communication peripherals (modems, routers)
•Understanding of TCP/IP networks and security systems
•Understanding of LAN and WAN communication and configurations.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; NIC Holdings Ltd Assistant Manager IT – Business Systems Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.