NCBA Group Procurement Officer Jobs in Kenya
NCBA Group Procurement Officer Jobs in Kenya
About the Company The new NCBA has harnessed the power of both NIC and CBA to create a bank that brings together the best of both worlds — from cutting edge mobile banking to good old-fashioned relationship management; from scalable business banking to financial services that grow as your business does; from best-in-class choice of products to investment solutions tailored to your specific needs.
Job Purpose Statement
Managing the ICT Category buying of the Bank. To assist in providing a comprehensive procurement service in accordance with the company financial regulations, in support of the procurement strategy as aligned with the company priorities.
Ensuring the Bank gets value for money, best financing terms at the same time ensuring exemplary customer service (two-way for both internal and external stakeholders) throughout the full cycle of requisitioning to procurement to payment in line with the Bank procurement procedures and guidelines policies.
Ideal Job Specifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics; Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related field:
• A diploma in purchasing and supplies management.
• Must be a member a professional body like KISM (Kenya institute of supplies and management) or CIPS or both.
Desired work experience:
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in procurement with responsibility for assets management, strategic sourcing including supply market analysis, tender document preparation, tender evaluation, contract negotiation and supplier performance management.
• Ensure compliance of the procurement and vendor management policy and give guidance to internal & external parties on matters regarding the policy.
• Ensuring compliance and adherence to the Central bank of Kenya prudential guidelines in terms of outsourcing.
• Manage and respond to all Audit issues raised in regards to all IT procurement, Logistics and asset management.
• Management of Vendor Onboarding and Supplier prequalification of all ICT purchases, ensure the suppliers meets the required standards indicated in the Policy.
• Manage new vendors offering specialized services or unique services and ensure due process is followed in on boarding them as per Procurement Policy.
• Adherence to the Group procedures manual, departmental operations, processes and CBK Prudential guidelines.
• Maintenance of an updated and clean Asset Register.
Procurement/Internal Business Processes (20%)
• Preparation & implementation of annual Procurement Plans with key department.
• Providing alternate solutions where required, keeping abreast with innovation.
• Monitor and review ICT budgets by undertaking cost/budget analysis and highlighting any cost changes to users.
• Process requests for Capex and purchases from all users after confirming approvals.
• Sourcing for quotations for general ICT purchases that do not go through tender process.
• Creation of all IT LPOs in the beginning of the year and embracing use of Blanket LPOs
• Negotiate with suppliers to obtain best deals & discounts and credit facilities, close sourcing agreements and maintain purchasing best practice.
• Ensure quality is maintained as per specifications from users while ensuring standards are maintained.
• Ensure AMC expenditure are monitored and settled in a timely and accurate manner.
• Process Payments for all ICT purchases verify that all invoices of goods and services
are analysed, approved and paid in time to avoid disconnection of services and complain from suppliers.
• Develop a catalogue for all CAPEX items.
• Identify & Initiate cost cutting measures with the aim of reducing cost without compromising.
• Undertake market research as well as benchmark with the market to ensure the Bank gets value for money in purchase of ICT Equipment.
• Savings and costs avoidance tracking and reporting on monthly basis.
• Enhance internal customer self-service and building internal customer relationships.
• Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction
• Develop and maintain a weekly tracker of activities and tasks.
• Provide monthly reporting on
• Payment report- pending invoices report
• Contracts- reports on contracts due for renewals, expired, cancelled, terminated, valid, re-negotiated and those with locked prices.
• Assets management reports.
• Manage the supplier contract calendar (review expiries, renewals, inclusions, retirements and cancellations).
• Assist staff in negotiating contract terms and conditions ensuring that they are as favorable to business interests as possible, minimize risk and are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Responsible for contract administration and management to ensure contract terms and conditions are 100% met.
• Re-negotiate and Manage existing contracts.
• Preparation of Contract Approval Requests for signoff.
Supplier performance (20%)
• Monitor vendor performance and take corrective actions where necessary.
• Monitor the vendors on stock/inventory management and delivery timelines.
• Ensure timely delivery of services and products and ensure the items is received by the user in the time speculated.
• Actively liaising between staff and vendors to resolve purchasing delays /issues/complains or queries and ensure matters are handled professionally.
• Ensure vendors submit monthly Statement for review and reconciliations.
• Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
• Regular Supplier visit to their stores/warehouse and Business premises to determine they meet the group standards.
Asset Management (20%)
• Responsible for purchasing, maintenance and management of Bank’s assets.
• Maintain appropriate levels of equipment consumables.
• Receiving and tagging of bank owned equipment ( both physically and in SAP system)
• Responsible for management of ICT leased equipment.
• Responsible for disposal of Bank Assets.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining inventories for all equipment and supplies including location, asset tag number, serial number, make and model of equipment.
• Coordinate with helpdesk onsite service calls for equipment installation and maintenance as needed
Logistics planning and management, Supply and demand planning, Enterprise Resource Planning - ERP system (use of), Procurement, Purchasing, Stock and inventory management.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; NCBA Group Procurement Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.