National Association for Women’s Action in Development Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning officer Jobs in Uganda
National Association for Women’s Action in Development Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning officer Jobs in Uganda National Association for Women’s Action in Development (NAWAD) is a voluntary non-governmental women’s organization that was initiated by a group of women in 2009 and was legally registered in 2010.
NAWAD is committed to promote a stable and peaceful society where women and girls access equal rights in the different spheres of life.
The organization focuses on the family and the crucial role women play in their families, their communities and the development of Uganda as a nation.
The main goal of the organization is to promote the rights of women and girls especially in relation to sustainable natural resource management and climate change social and economic right and governance, peace and security.
NAWAD therefore seeks to recruit a highly skilled Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning officer who is highly organised, motivated and responsible to help ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of the NAWAD’s outputs.
She/he must be passionate about women and girl’s rights. She/he must be ready to demonstrates integrity by modelling the NAWAD’s values and ethical standards while promoting its vision, mission, and strategic goals.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning officer will support NAWAD in diffract sectors of Monitoring and Evaluation .
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
• Develop the M&E plan for the Office and ensure the implementation of outcome and project evaluations.
• Monitor and advise on the compliance of the NAWAD with the corporate planning and performance monitoring tools including the periodic monitoring of dashboards and exceptions, and identifies the remedial actions.
• Participate in the preparation and update the annual integrated work plan and consolidate the Office reporting process on results.
• Develop suitable and innovative solutions and tools for improving project implementation;
• Implement and manage a monitoring system for the programme portfolio cycle and follow-up on projects portfolio cycle phases.
• Perform quality control of project documentation, strategic products developed by projects and midterm and final evaluation reports.
• Ensure project deadlines are met.
• Provide project administrative support as needed.
• Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
• Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
Among other related tasks as assigned by the executive director
• University Degree in Statistics, Business management, Economics and any other related field
• A post graduate diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management and Planning
• At least three (3) years’ work experience in designing and implementation of Monitoring and evaluation in development projects by NGOs.
• Experience in project cycle management (PMD Pro).
• Practical, hands-on skills in managing a Monitoring and Evaluation system including its review, tools development, and Information management.
• Relevant experience in providing management advisory services, with hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects
• Strong communication skills, with excellent report writing skills.
• Experience in coaching and training;
• Experience and good knowledge of the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
• Genuine, valid Uganda riding permit is an added advantage, The MEL officer will be based at head office with regular field visits.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications, a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic qualifications and three referees by email to:
email@example.com not later than Friday 31st July 2020 at 5:00 Pm. Interviews will take place in Kampala at NAWAD head office.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.