Narok Shirika County Development Association Manager Jobs in Kenya
Narok Shirika County Development Association Manager Jobs in Kenya
Narok Shirika County Development Association –Co-operative Education, Training and
Information Centre has a mandate to promote the intellectual and economic welfare and interests
of its members through continuous offering of Co-operative Education, Training, Information
and Consultancy to Board of Directors, Management Committees, Supervisory Committees,
Staff members and individual members of Co-operatives as well as non-member clients.
CETIC has just started to implement its Strategic Plan (2019-2023) and to achieve its Objectives
in the Strategic Plan, through this vacancy announcement, it seeks to recruit the services of a
: Head OfficeReporting
: the Board (Chair)Terms of the contract
:1 year but, renewable after successful achievement of the set targets.Job Summary
As a Manager, you will facilitate the overall effective, efficient and compliant running of the
Union; be responsible for achievement of the strategic objectives; Market and promote the
Union’s services and products; and develop the capacity of the Union strategically; link with its
members and other stakeholders; respond to member’s needs.Key Result Areas
1. Ensure acquisition and implementation of businesses to achieve an income of not less
than ksh 5,500,000 per year or ksh 460,000 p.m
2. Ensure minimum possible Direct Cost-income ratio
3. Ensure minimum possible operating expenses without hindering professional conduct of
4. Ensure professional, compliant and efficient operations
5. Ensure the Union is financially positive in every quarter to strengthen the surplus trend
and cement financial sustainability
6. Ensure professional and effective distribution of human resources to meet set targets with
7. Market and promote the CETIC organization in a business oriented and income
generating way as core activity with a time bound of at least 70% of the manager’s
8. Build, maintain and develop customer relations and customer care
9. Ensure professional information sharing and reporting with Board of Directors as well as
conduct of Board of Director Meetings
10. Build, maintain and develop existing stakeholder relations and enter into new ones
following the strategic targets of the Union
11. Ensure internal control is practiced in a best possible manner
12. Ensure processes and procedures are in place and followed by every concerned member
of staff or the Union and develop the same where appropriate
13. Be a role model in internal and external communication matters of the Union
14. Development of Unions business portfolio (trainings, consultancy and others).
15. Recruit at least at least 20 member co-operatives pa.
16. Recruitment of at least 30 participants for each Union’s scheduled trainings
17. Development of Unions business portfolio (trainings, consultancy and others).
18. At least 2 income generation proposals are written and submitted per month where at
least 1 proposal submitted per month is accepted and implementedDuties and Responsibilities:
1. Steering the Union to financial sustainability by ensuring acquisitions of businesses,
rationalization of the expenses and achievement of the set targets including surpluses.
2. Ensuring efficient management and administration of Union’s resources in the
implementation of the Union’s strategic direction and objectives
3. Evaluation and monitoring the implementation of performance contracts
4. Facilitation for effective functioning of the Board of Directors and other Board SubCommittees
5. Co-ordination of communication with the staff, board of directors, committees, members,
partners and stakeholders
6. Maintain a quality Internal Control System
7. Timely preparation of budgets
8. Sole responsible to market and promote the CETIC organization in a business oriented
and income generating way as core activity with a time bound of at least 70% of the
manager’s working time
9. Be single point of entry for all customer care and business development oriented
concerns either brought up by external demand or internal strategic movements.
10. Drafting and updating appropriate marketing and public relation related materials such as
website, CETIC brochures etc.
11. Maintain informative and comprehensive database to avail accurate information on
strategic partners, associated trainers and consultants, honoraria personnel, member
organization and clients
12. Maintain activity reports on business progress of the CETIC organization including
contact outreach, 3 months’ business forecast, trainings in demand, planned trainings and
all other income generating activities ongoing in CETIC
13. Advise the Board of Directors and other committees in formulating, preparing and
implementing long term policies, plans and programs of the Union.
14. Advise and Conclude on all matters regarding the compliance of the organization such as
statutory reporting obligations, auditing and bookkeeping obligations, taxation
obligations, payment obligations as well as contract related obligations such as honoraria
15. Supervise the work of all staff and ensure that the business of the Union is conducted in a
16. Ensure that proper books of accounts, records and returns are kept on timely basis.
17. Ensure preparation of financial and management performances reports; statistical and
operational information are prepared and submitted on timely basis to the Board of
Directors, to committees and also to the Commissioner of Cooperatives
18. Be responsible for the security of the funds and assets of the Union.
19. Ensure that all statutory deductions such as National Social Security Fund (NSSF),
National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF), Pay As You Earn (P.A.Y.E.) etc. are correctly
calculated and that all the amounts due and the necessary returns are submitted by the due
20. Ensure that rent, rates, levies and debts due from and to the Union are paid by the due
21. Recommend to the Board of Directors the filling of any vacant position or dismissal of
any staff member who is not performing his/her duties properly.
22. Countersign the Union’s cheques, contracts and other documents.
23. Prepare for staff, delegates and Board of Directors meetings
24. Attend delegates and Board of Directors meetings as an ex-official.
25. Perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by the Board of Directors.
26. Accurate contracting of client proposals, trainers and consultants
27. Proactive response to call for proposals of potential clientsQualification, Skills and Experience
1. A Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Co-operative Management or Business Related
2. At least 3 years’ experience in consultancy and training as a Manager or Head of
Department/Branch or Senior Professional Consultant in the field of co-operative
3. At least 2 years proven marketing experience and business development
4. Experience in successful proposals development
5. Experience in financial management
6. Professional Qualification and Professional Membership will be an added advantage
7. ICT proficient
8. Excellent networking, organization, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
9. Experience in Agribusinesses; and/or other business set ups will be an added advantage
10. Ability to meet targets and goals
11. Leadership and human resources management skillsTo Apply
Submit your application, addressed to the Chair, in hard copies to Narok Shirika County
Development Association –Co-operative Education, Training and Information Centre
(CETIC) by 2nd December, 2019.
Include in your application :(1) A Cover Letter indicating
current salary if any and expected salary, (2) Curriculum Vitae, (3) Scanned copies of the
Certificates and Testimonies, (4) Name and Mobile telephone numbers of Three current
referees, (5) Your day time cell phone contacts.
Note, only the shortlisted candidates will be
contacted. Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!