Nakasero Hospital Cardiac Catheterization Lab Technologist Jobs in Uganda
Nakasero Hospital Cardiac Catheterization Lab Technologist Jobs in UgandaJob Purpose: A catheterization Laboratory Technologist is a professional who works in the field of cardiovascular technology, cardiovascular technologists spend most of their working time in operating rooms.
• To assist doctors during invasive cardiovascular procedures such as angioplasty, cardiac catheterization, and electrophysiology.
• Prior to surgery, the technologist is responsible for ensuring that the ECG equipment is in working order, and during the procedure, the technologist will monitor the ECG readouts and keep the doctor apprised of anything considered abnormal.
• To prepare the patient for the procedure by cleaning, shaving, and, in the case of cardiac catheterization for angioplasty, anesthetizing the area of insertion.
• Cardiovascular technologists may be required to assist cardiac surgeons during open heart surgery, and with the insertion of pacemakers or stents.
• The technologist will be the one responsible for preparing and monitoring the patient in these instances.
• Daily non-surgical duties include reading and interpreting test procedures and explaining the procedures to patients.
• During catheterisation/ surgical procedures, they spend a great deal of time standing and may be required to help lift and transfer patients.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to obtain complex medical information from those whose first language may not be English.
• The ability to work as a pivotal member of a team comprising medical and non-medical colleagues.
• The ability to maintain a compassionate and understanding approach even under pressure.
• To be able to make rapid assessments of risk and start treatment, transfer or other remote intervention.
• To be able to communicate their decisions and the reasoning behind them to the patient and other parties.
• To develop an understanding of the commercial and corporate structures and operations of the hospital
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine or anaesthesia
• Training in Cardiac catheterisation laboratory technology
• Minimum of two year experience in the cath lab or ICU or emergency unit
• Registration with the allied health council of Uganda or Uganda Nursing and Midwives Council
• Proficiency with ECG and haemodynamic pressure waves interpretation
• ACLS training is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Candidates that have relevant experience, meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should submit their applications, Curriculum vitae and academic certificates to
firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Human Resource Manager Not later than Friday, 7th August 2020.
Nakasero Hospital provides an equal opportunity for all qualified persons and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, ethnicity, tribe, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Canvassing or lobbying by an applicant directly or indirectly in connection with any appointment shall disqualify the applicant.
Nakasero Hospital does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.