Nakasero Hospital Cardiac Anesthesiologist Jobs in Uganda
Nakasero Hospital Cardiac Anesthesiologist Jobs in UgandaJob Purpose Evaluate, monitor and supervise patient care before, during and after surgery, delivering anesthesia, leading the Anesthesia Care Team and ensuring optimal patient safety.
• Responsible for advising the Head of Department on the requirements for cardiac anesthesia. (equipment, staffing, protocols, and consumables )
• Responsible for perioperative consultations, evaluation, preparation and management of cardiac patient undergoing both cardiac and non-cardiac surgical/interventional procedures.
• Preparation and submission of all cardiac anesthesia related reports to the Head of Department (performance, audits, inventories, stocks, budgets and any other)
• Conduct cardiac anesthesia related research, morbidity and mortality meetings.
• On job training of other staff on cardiac anesthesia relevant to the different staff categories
• Provision of technical support in the different units where cardiac patients are admitted before and after interventions. (Ward, ICU, HDU, post Cath unit)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to obtain complex medical information from those whose first language may not be English.
• The ability to work as a pivotal member of a team comprising medical and non-medical colleagues.
• The ability to maintain a compassionate and understanding approach even under pressure.
• To be able to make rapid assessments of risk and start treatment, transfer or other remote intervention.
• To be able to communicate their decisions and the reasoning behind them to the patient and other parties.
• To develop an understanding of the commercial and corporate structures and operations of the hospital
Knowledge/Qualification and Experience
• MBChB and MMed Anesthesia in a recognized medical school
• Fellowship/Diploma in cardiac anesthesia in a recognized institution is an added advantage.
• A minimum of two years of experience post MMed Anesthesia training in a hospital setting.
• Specialist registration with the UMDPC
• A practicing license as Anesthesiologist
• Able to manage cardiac anesthesia for all age groups.
How to Apply
Candidates that have relevant experience, meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should submit their applications, Curriculum vitae and academic certificates to
firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Human Resource Manager Not later than Friday, 7th August 2020.
Nakasero Hospital provides an equal opportunity for all qualified persons and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, ethnicity, tribe, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Canvassing or lobbying by an applicant directly or indirectly in connection with any appointment shall disqualify the applicant.
Nakasero Hospital does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.