Nairobi Hospital Medical Physicist Jobs in Kenya
Nairobi Hospital Medical Physicist Jobs in Kenya
The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career
opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, results
oriented and committed to continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Specialist- Clinical Oncology, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensure the safe application of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation including equipment calibration and commissioning, clinical support, maintenance of appropriate quality assurance for equipment and treatment delivery in line with established protocols.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Carry out systematic measurement, documentation and assurance of the physical aspects of all radioactive sources or radiation producing equipment.
• Perform acceptance testing and commissioning of all treatment-related equipment under supervision including calibration of all radiation producing sources and maintenance of all information.
• Conduct computerized treatment planning and dose calculations to achieve optimal dose.
• Maintain a comprehensive quality assurance program including assurance of the accuracy of treatment unit parameters in order to ensure patients are provided tumour localization,
radiation treatment, and dose distributions as prescribed.
• Develop treatment plans including acquisition and storage of data for treatment plans,
calculation of dose distributions and machine settings for treatment delivery.
• Prepare appropriate moulds for patient therapy.
• Implement and manage dosimetry as well as beam delivery aspect.
• Ensure safety radiation protection of patient and other staff members within the department
in compliance to EPA/ORP Rules and Regulations.
• Plan, direct, conduct and participate in supporting programs to ensure effective and safe use of radiation and radionuclides in patients.
• Conduct brachytherapy planning to determine the best‐possible dosage in the therapeutic area, simultaneously decreasing its volume in organs and critical structures.
• Provide assurance of accurate delivery of prescribed radiation doses and associated risks.
• Carry out patient education and counselling.
• Develop and implement protocols of care.
• Conduct quality assurance tests of radiotherapy equipment to ensure compliance with quality standards, radiation safety and security policies.
• Keep abreast of latest developments pertaining to current practices within the field; and
• Participate in root cause
analysis committees in the event of incidences, complaints and/or poor clinical outcomes to ensure continuous improvement in patient care.
• Participate in continuous medical education to sharpen medical knowledge and skills in area of specialization.
• Assist private consultants to carry out medical procedures on private patients to ensure optimal patient care.
• Develop and continuously review protocols in applicable specialty area to enhance clinical
• Participate in research activities in applicable specialty area in line with set objectives.
• Act as a team leader on a rotational basis for the applicable specialty area.
• Uphold high levels of patient confidentiality and work ethic in line with applicable code of
conduct and hospital objectives; and
• Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
Education and Experience
• Master's degree in Medical Physics from a recognized institution
• Bachelor’s degree in Medical Physics from a recognized institution.
• Must be a registered member with the relevant registration body and hold a valid practicing
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Medical Physicist with exposure to brachytherapy
• Proficiency in VMAT/IMRT treatment planning.
• Knowledge of programming language.
• Proof of attending Clinical trainings.
• Judgement and decision-making skills.
• In-depth understanding of Radiation Dosimetry.
• Patient care skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Customer service skills.
• Planning and organizing skills.
• Communication skills.
• Team working skills.
• Reporting skills.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Nairobi Hospital Medical Physicist Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.