Muni University University Librarian Jobs in Uganda
Muni University University Librarian Jobs in UgandaPurpose of the Job To be responsible for the development, control, management and coordination of all library and information services of the University.
• Develop and implement annual activity plans and budgets for the University Library.
• Oversee the maintenance of information resources through an effective cataloguing and classification system.
• Coordinate the development of well-stocked and continually updated libraries in order to facilitate the proper functioning of the University.
• Monitor and review the performance of the libraries on the Campus and ensure that they meet international standards Library.
• Coordinate the acquisition and proper maintenance of books, serial publications, documents, audio-visual materials, electronic media resources, computer discs as well as other academic publications, equipment and information technology for the various libraries on the campus.
• Order, receive and distribute complimentary copies of books, publications and new acquisitions to specified heads of department.
• Coordinate annual stocktaking exercise in order to conduct a proper audit and accountability of all acquisitions in the library.
• Development and implementation of an effective knowledge organization system in order to ensure rapid access and retrieval of information.
• Supervise and evaluating the performance of library staff against set targets and taking corrective action whenever performance improvement is required.
• Annual activity plans and budgets for the University Library developed and implemented.
• Books, serial publications, documents, audio-visual materials, electronic media resources, computer discs as well as other academic publications, equipment and information technology for the various libraries on the campus put in place.
• Developed and implemented effective knowledge organization system for rapid access and retrieval of information.
• Supervised and evaluated performance of library staff against set targets and corrective action taken whenever performance improvement is required.
• Staff supervised and appraised.
• Should have a PhD in Library and Information Science or Information science or Information technology or Information Systems from a
recognized institution of higher learning.
• Should have a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or Information Science or Information technology or Information Systems
from a recognized institution of higher learning.
• Should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized institution of Higher learning.
• Being a Professor is an added advantage.
• Should have effective communication skills and proficient in computer systems including use of the e-mail and the Internet.
• Should have a minimum of Eight (8) years of demonstrated experience, professional experience and leadership in an Academic Library of a reputable University/ Institution, 5years of which should have been served at the level of Senior Librarian in an institution of higher learning or research institution.
• Should have a minimum of five (5) scholarly publications in a refereed and peer reviewed journals.
• Demonstrable computer knowledge.
• Should have high level of integrity.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Muni University University Librarian Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.