MSF Clinical Officer Jobs in Kenya
MSF Clinical Officer Jobs in Kenya
Organizing and ensuring medical consultations to the target population providing treatment to patients within the scope of his/her medical competencies and referring them when appropriate, according to MSF protocols, procedures and the universal hygiene standards in order to guarantee quality and efficiency of the service provided
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure the implementation and standardization of MSF clinical policies, tools, and hygiene protocols in order to minimize clinical risks and to guarantee the quality of patient care management.
• Implementing diagnosis, prescription and prevention procedures that fall under the scope of his/her competencies applying medical knowledge, following protocols in force in order to ensure a correct implementation of the medical treatments and to refer patients when appropriate.
• Participating in the planning and supervision, in close coordination with other supervisors, the HR processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the team in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people triage capabilities, their motivation and commitment and their active participation in teaching the targeted population on therapeutic and preventive protocols.
• Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
• In cases of emergency, carrying out first aid care and treatment according to protocols in order to reduce mortality rates.
• Recording and participating in data collection and reporting when required.
• Implementing Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE), i.e. keeping contact with all patients, providing them information regarding their health state and responding to their questions.
• Promoting the proper application of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit and Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol.
• Provide mentorship to the MoH supported clinic staff on protocols for medicolegal documentation
and patient data safety.
• To assist the SGBV/MH supervisor in the planning and provision of clinical supervision of the decentralized SGBV sites in order to ensure best practices on SGBV patient care, and the teams are motivated and committed.
• To support the decentralized sites in ensuring effective referral pathways are in place and follow up on adherence.
• Provide clinical support to the nurses in SGBV decentralized treatment sites, according to MSF clinical and hygiene protocols and standards, in order to minimize clinical risks and to provide the best quality of care for survivors with medical and psychosocial needs.
• In collaboration with the SGBV/MH supervisor to liaise as needed with the MoH in charges and other MoH staff in the decentralized facilities to ensure their involvement and commitment for smooth running of the activities.
Essential: Diploma in Clinical Medicine
Desirable previous clinical supervision/managerial experience of at least 1 year, 2 years of relevant working experience.
Desirable: computer literacy
Results orientation; team player; flexible; commitment to MSF principles and Stress Management skills
Applicants MUST be Kenyan nationals and have the necessary statutory documents (ID, NSSF, NHIF and a PIN certificate).
How to apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file mentioning on the subject email line, “Clinical Officer ”, to: Email:
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.