Mount Makulu Poultry Farm Farm Manager Jobs in Zambia
Mount Makulu Poultry Farm Farm Manager Jobs in Zambia About the Role: This is an exciting position for an Experienced Farm Manager with a passion and genuine commitment for livestock and crop farming to be involved in a progressive start-up business that is in its growth stage and has exciting plans for the future.
In this hands-on leadership role, the Farm Manager will manage all day-to-day operations of the enterprise using sustainable farming practices and implement and assist with setting annual and long-term farm operation plans and budget to achieve our objectives.
The Farm Manager will maintain long term production goals, increase profitability, and maintain a commitment to industry best practice, whilst managing staff and contractors and improving the aesthetics of the property. .
The farm manager will be responsible and accountable for (but not limited to the following key areas:
• Develop the farm operating structure and process from the ground up
• Develop and implement the annual and long-term farm plans and assist with setting the operational budget
• Manage the livestock enterprise to achieve production objectives
• Oversee and manage the annual cropping plan
• Prepare monthly summary reports and activity plans
• Maintain accurate and up to date farm records
• Supervise all full-time, part-time staff and contractors
• Develop and carry out property developments including fencing, water and pasture improvements
• Adhere to Work Health and Safety policies and Legislation at all times
• Think critically and innovative and advise Directors on continuous improvement and best practice methods.
• Coordinate the development of stages 2 and 3 of the development plans
• Revise and Implement business plan
Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience in a hands-on leadership role in mixed cropping and livestock enterprise
• Sound livestock management and husbandry skills with poultry, pigs and Fish
• Agronomic knowledge and experience in implementing sustainable cropping programs.
• Ability to work closely with Directors to develop strategies and long-term plans
• Ability to manage the development project plan of the business
• Proficient skills in MS Office programs and proven experience utilising and implementing digital farm management software.
• Previous experience in developing and managing a team
• Ability to work closely and build strong rapport with stakeholders
• Tertiary qualification in agriculture or farm management (highly regarded)
• A willingness to undertake further training and development where required
Your benefit package will include (at a minimum):
• An attractive remuneration package based on skills, qualifications and experience
• Yearly training allowance to assist in your role
• Long term employment for the right candidate
How to Apply
To be eligible to apply, you must have a Zambian Citizenship or Permanent Residency status.
Please send your CV/Resume and qualifications to
email@example.com by 31 August 2020. Also, please feel free to email us with any questions with respect to this role or the organisation.
Please note that you must provide 2-3 references upon request.
The preferred applicant (s), if not already an employee(s) of the organisation, will be required to complete a 'National Police Check' so that a Police Certificate can be issued and provided to us. Any offer of employment is conditional on the organisation being satisfied as to the results of the police check.
Applicants for this role may be required to complete an on the job assessment as part of the recruitment process. If required, we will pay for any expenses incurred.
Application closes on 31 August 2020.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.