Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital Director - Commercial Services Jobs in Kenya
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital Director - Commercial Services Jobs in Kenya
Job PurposeAn officer at this level will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Director, Commercial Services role is to add value to MTRH's growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities and managing marketing efforts. Will keep abreast of market trends and dynamics to provide strategic advice to Top Management.
An excellent Director, Commercial Services will have an entrepreneurial mindset and great leadership skills. The ideal candidate will also be a creative strategist with excellent organizational abilities.
The goal is to promote and expand the Hospital's commercial activities that will generate revenue and lead to sustainable growth.
Responsibilities of Director, Commercial Services include;
• Developing and implementing the Commercial Services Strategy for the Hospital. The Directorate for the time being consist of the following Departments: Private Wing I, Private Wing II, Farewell Home and Resource Mobilization.
• Understanding the value drivers of the business and identifying profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share.
• Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of the Clients to ensure that their needs are being met.
• Resource Mobilization locally and internationally.
• Undertaking Market Research and Analysis and producing BusinessPlans/Recommendations including all associated costs and forecasted revenue for the business, to ensure that all business development opportunities new products, services and markets are optimized.
• Championing and leading each new product or service development, from
• innovation through to successful implementation.
• Ensuring that regular reviews are carried out with customers, to ascertain their needs are met and that excellent customer service is achieved and, developing future improvements/services for the customers.
• Develop and implement the Hospital
Fundraising Strategy and manage relationships with Partners and Investors.
• Put in place mechanism for continued Monitoring and Evaluation of Resource Mobilization Initiatives.
• Support the rest of the Hospital with Revenues for sustained Health Service Delivery.
• Liaising with relevant
Directorates/Departments to ensure that customer needs are met and that customer requirements are fully communicated.
• Maintaining an awareness of external factors including competitors, government policies/regulations/laws, which could impact the Directorate; Communicating such information and any subsequent changes/mitigating strategies to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Ensuring that all commercial activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets Key Performance Indicators KPIs in line with Objectives of the Directorate.
• Develop and implement Commercial Strategies according to Hospital Mandate aiming at accelerating growth.
• To be accountable for delivery against agreed financial and service targets and for the effectiveness and efficiency of the Directorate.
• Build and maintain profitable partnerships with stakeholders.
• Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for the Chief Executive Officer on a Quarterly basis.
• Promote a culture of pro-activity, innovation, transparency and collaboration in the Directorate.
• Promote Operational Research Activities within the Directorate.
• Oversee the implementation of Quality Assurance, Quality Management Systems and other ISO Standards the Hospital will implement.
• Ensure the Implementation of Performance Contracts and Rapid Results Initiatives within the Directorate.
• Ensure the Implementation of MTRH 2017-2022 Strategy through Annual Workplans Directorate, Departmental and Individual Workplans.
• Establish external and internal benchmarks and appropriate KPIs as the basis for demonstrating the quality of Commercial Services provided.
• Approve procurement requests up-to a limit of Kshs 500,000 per request as per the Supplies Manual.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: -
• Masters in Business Management, Business Administration MBA- Accounting or Strategic Management option or any other approved equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
• Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines; Business Management,
• Entrepreneurship, Commerce Marketing Option, Business Administration Finance or Marketing Option, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Must have served for at least ten 10 years in a reputable organization in a Senior Management position.
• Business experience of at least three 3 years leading a Directorate or its equivalent with a turnover of Ksh one 1 Billion and above in a year.
• Membership to a relevant professional body with 2020 license and in good standing.
• Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six 6 weeks from a recognized institution.
• Must have attended Corporate Governance course lasting at least five 5 days or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
• Proven experience as commercial director or other relevant role.
• Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationship with key clients.
• In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis.
• Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial budgeting processes.
• Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
• A proven track record of accomplishment in Operations Management and Human Resource Management at a senior level.
• A proven track record of Senior Management in retail or other commercial activity with specific profit and loss responsibility.
• Proven experience of writing, managing and monitoring strategic plans and reports.
• A strong entrepreneurial spirit and proven track record in income generation, with the capacity and drive to deliver fresh opportunities.
• Highly organised and flexible in approach.
• Approachable, inspirational and supportive, with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
• Strong supplier/contractor management and negotiation skills.
• Strong IT skills — MS Office, database skills etc.
• Proven ability to think and act strategically and to develop and implement practical and effective procedures.
• Very strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent team-working skills.
• Resource management skills.
• Managing performance and driving for outcomes.
• Establishing strategic directions.
• Visionary/Leading change.
• Policy development.
• Influencing persuasion and negotiation.
Effective communication skills.
• Policy and strategic implementation.
Delivery of quality results.
• Risk management.
• Decision-making and problem solving skills
In addition, all applicants MUST attach the following valid documents;
• Kenya Revenue Authority KRA Compliance Certificate
• Higher Education Loan Board HELB Certificate
• Police Clearance Certificate.
• CRB — Credit Reference Bureau Certificate
• Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission EACC Clearance
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital Director - Commercial Services Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.