M-KOPA Infrastructure Engineer Jobs in Zambia
M-KOPA Infrastructure Engineer Jobs in Zambia
Overview The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
We’re looking for an Infrastructure Engineer for M-KOPA Group within the IT Systems Department who’s resourceful, organized, and proactive about getting things done. Your main objective will be managing, planning, designing, implementing, monitoring, and maintaining the organization’s WAN, LAN, servers, storage, and cloud resources that support mission-critical services for the organization.
In this role, you’ll be expected to:
• Install, configure, manage & monitor the organization’s enterprise network for data, VoIP, and security. Maintain network lifecycle management: Planning Designing, Deployment, Operational support, Upgrades & troubleshooting.
• Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
• Offer systems support including but not limited to availability, performance, and reliability all on-premises and Azure Cloud IT systems infrastructure.
• Identify opportunities and implements solutions for increased automation, reliability, and/or velocity.
• Develop and maintain python automation scripts for managing production networks.
• Monitor network performance and ensure optimal system resource utilization, capacity planning, availability, reliability, throughput, goodput, and latency.
• Maintain documentation regarding network configurations, operating procedures, and service records relating to network hardware and software.
• Ensure the maintenance of appropriate backup and recovery infrastructure used as part of DR planning for ICT systems and services. This further include disaster recovery planning for ICT Infrastructure systems and regular testing to ensure availability in the event of a disaster to be within stipulated & expected timelines and thresholds (i.e., RPO and RTO).
Coach, and guide junior engineers in their incident response, directing incident first responder actions, and appropriately escalating issues.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
• Cisco Certification such as CCNP is required.
• Minimum 5 years experience in a 24×7 technical environment.
• Certification in Microsoft Azure Cloud such as Azure Administrator Associate is required.
• Cisco Network Management.
• Hands-on experience in designing and implementing hub and spoke networking configurations using SD-WAN technology.
• Working experience in management and implementing security with Sophos and other firewall brands.
• Network Quality of Service – WAN optimization and Load Balancers.
• Working experience with Ruckus Wi-Fi Solutions.
You Might Be A Good Fit If You Have
• Experience in configuring Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies, and routing. Azure cloud services, Blob storage, and Active directory.
• Expert knowledge in Azure Scalability and Azure Availability – Build VMs availability sets using the Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS-based solutions and Virtual Machine Scale Sets (VMSS) using Azure Resource Manager (ARM) to manage network traffic
• Experience in migrating on-premises applications to Azure and configuring VNETs and subnets as per the project requirement. Also experience with PowerShell scripting to do Patching, Imaging, and Deployments in Azure will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; M-KOPA Infrastructure Engineer Jobs in Zambia
Find daily jobs in Zambia. Jobs - Zambia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Zambian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Zambia.
Jobs in Zambia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Zambia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Zambia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.