Mercy Corps Driver Karenga Jobs in Uganda
Mercy Corps Driver Karenga Jobs in UgandaGeneral Position Summary: The driver will provide safe, transport services for MC program and support staff in the described AOR (Area of Responsibility).
The driver will adhere to all traffic and MC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the MC transport department.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Operate MC vehicles as assigned by supervisor;
• Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with MC policies/regulations;
• Check the vehicle conditions before and after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to the transport management;
• Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor;
• Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.;
• Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times;
• Assist, as required, with logistics in the office and warehouse daily workloads;
• Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business;
• Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
• Undertake field assignments as assigned;
• Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Very positive attitude,
Cooperative, willingness to work long & extra hours, initiative and flexibility
Ethics and Integrity
All Mercy Corps staff member are expected to behave ethically and demonstrate highest integrity in their professional and personal life. Mercy Corps has zero tolerance to any form of fraud, corruption, abuse, harassment or exploitation. Any breach of our policies or misconduct will lead to disciplinary action or may lead to termination.
Works Directly With: Logistics department and coordinates with all Mercy Corps programs and operations’ staff.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Uganda Certificate of Education Qualification.
• Valid drivers’ license with class DL,
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience driving 4WD vehicles.
• Certificate in defensive driving is essential
• Knowledge of driving in less secure and harsh environment
• Must know and obey to all safety and traffic rules of the Uganda.
• Good understanding of English and fluency in Karamojong is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of routes, duty stations, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community is required.
• Must know Mercy Corps vehicle policies and regulations.
• Must know what preventative maintenance is required for their vehicle.
• Understanding and following safety procedures;
• Must know the actions to be taken in the event of an accident.
• Must be able to change a wheel and do minor repairs and vehicle servicing.
• Must know how to use all accessories such as HF / VHF radios, winches etc.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Mercy Corps Driver Karenga Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.