Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Pediatrics & Adolescent Assistant Jobs in Tanzania
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Pediatrics & Adolescent Assistant Jobs in TanzaniaJob Summary The Pediatric & Adolescent Assistant will work under the leadership of Pediatric and Adolescent advisor in all technical matters related to pediatrics and adolescent living with HIV.
S/he will be responsible for CHMT and facility level oversight of day to day pediatric and adolescent HIV service delivery while providing technical assistance, capacity building and coordination of related activities in the supported districts.
S/he will work closely with the technical team to ensure Pediatric and adolescents specific 95-95-95 targets are achieved. .
• Work with Pediatrics and Adolescent HIV advisor to prepare technical annual work plans on all matters related to Pediatric and adolescent HIV care in supported districts.
• Work with Health facilities in the implementation of high-quality Pediatric and Adolescent HIV care activities in the supported district.
• Implementation of Peds and adolescents focused interventions to increase HIV identification, linkage to care: ensuring ART Start; Age appropriate disclosure; ART optimization, Correct dosing, retention to care to attain viral suppression.
• Support health facilities to implement pediatric and adolescent friendly attributes and services at Pediatric clinics at all supported sites.
• with the Pediatric and adolescent officer and CHMTs to coordinate training and capacity building of Health care workers on Pediatric and Adolescent HIV care and treatment services at allocated districts
• Work closely with the facilities, CSO and communities to develop effective tracking mechanisms for lost to follow-up of peds and adolescents
• Coordinate and facilitate timely weekend clinic incentive plans: refreshments, extra duties at supported sites within allocated district(s)
• Support health facilities in proper and complete documentation in CTC 2 cards and database for accurate monthly and quarterly data
• Analyze data from supported districts and identify gaps in pediatric and adolescent HIV care and work closely with the QI team to implement interventions towards addressing issues identified
Participate in the preparation of district level quarterly and annual reports, best practices, presentations, and narratives which documents UMB efforts to provide quality care.
• Minimum Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or other health related field.
• Proven competence in working with pediatrics and adolescents living with HIV
• At least 3 years’ experience working with local health facilities in pediatrics and adolescents’ HIV service delivery.
• Ability to work independently and manage various tasks in a team setting
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Experience with Donor- funded projects is highly desirable
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili
How to Apply
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
• All applications should be submitted electronically to:
• Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience. References should include contact information including daytime phone, and e-mail address.
• All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
• Candidates should attach a CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
• Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
• All applicants should include daytime phone and skype contact information.
• Deadline for application is 31st July, 2020 at 5:00 PM EAT. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania (MGIT) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity, or any other status variable.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.