Marie Stopes Uganda Grants Manager Jobs in Uganda
Marie Stopes Uganda Grants Manager Jobs in Uganda
The Role The purpose of this role is to help secure new donor funding, manage donor compliance, monitor progress of grants against Key Performance Indicators and spend against budget to ensure strong stewardship of donor funding.
The role will support grant-funded project implementation, and will lead grant planning, reporting and donor audit at Marie Stopes while ensuring a close and collaborative working relationship with Project Implementation Leads and Directorates.
The post is key in ensuring that Marie Stopes suffers no financial losses or damage to its reputation in the management of grants and to ensuring sustainability through securing new funding streams.
The Grants Manager works in a virtual Project Management team with key Finance, RME, Clinical Quality, Implementation Leads including Channel Heads and reports to the Grants Director. S/he is part of the Grants Directorate.
The overall purpose of the Grant Management Unit is the oversight and provision of proactive support in ensuring proper stewardship of Marie Stopes’ assets to achieve agreed strategy and long term financial sustainability..
Project and Organisational Budgeting and Planning
• Lead budget compilation at the project proposal stage. Review budgets and assist with amendments and forecasts before submission to donors.
• Ensure that contribution to MS support/running costs is maximized in the development of project or funding proposals.
• Lead the phasing of project budgets and designing a pattern of project spends that aligns with approved delivery plans/milestones
• Take an active role in the development /incorporation of project and funder dimensions to the organizational budgets including annual business plans.
Grant Accounting & Management
• In liaison with the Director of Grants and the Finance Director, interact effectively with donors and LSO donor teams, regarding a variety of issues, such as budget revisions, income requests, donor compliance and project implementation progress.
• Translate project contracts into clear compliance requirements and deliverable deadlines including reporting deadlines.
• Monitor performance against Key Performance Indicators and against work plans to ensure projects are on track to meet donor and grant deliverables.
• Monitor actual expenditure against budget to ensure spend is in line with work plans.
• Analyse project transactions with Implementation Leads on a monthly basis to review coding to ensure spend is allowable, align activities with costs and identify actions required for potential over or under expenditure.
• Produce accurate and timely monthly comparative project reports that are circulated to Implementation Leads, the Grants Director and other relevant staff that alerts management of the progress of the projects.
• Coordinate inputs from Implementation Leads to produce high quality donor narrative reports that use donor compliant language.
• Organise and participate in monthly meetings with Implementation Leads to review monthly Project reports against budgets
• Alert the Finance Director to risks from over/under expenditure, late reporting, control weaknesses or non-compliance with other donor guidelines.
• Monitor project performance to ensure projects are on track against KPIs. This includes monitoring project deliverables, budgets, spend against budget, and appropriate coding and cost recovery against each grant and raising any areas of concern to the Director(s)
• Be familiar with relevant donor regulations and rules, as well as MSI policies and procedures, and ensure project implementation is compliant with these regulations, policies, and procedures
• Minimise disallowed expenditures and potential loses to MS through active monitoring of expenditure types, procurement processes, documentation and adherence to reporting deadlines
• Ensure compliance with the financial and other requirements of donors through monitoring and support visits to the field. Initiate internal audits as may be necessary.
• Oversight of an orderly and up to date filing system for all grant key documents including submitted funding proposals, donor agreements, budgets, logframes, narrative and financial reports, key donor correspondence.
Donor Reporting (Financial)
• Support Finance to prepare
monthly, interim and final Financial Donor reports timely and accurately as per Donor reporting requirements with funders. Liaise with the Project Implementers on any issues that may arise promptly.
• Work with finance to ensure the integrity of financial donor reports by validating the coding of both income and expenditure transactions
• Provide variance analysis and narrative.
Donor Audits and Donor/Stakeholder Engagement
• Ensure that donor audits are properly scheduled and communicated in advance to the relevant staff including the Grants Director and Finance Director.
• Ensure proper planning of donor audits including the availability to the required documents and files prior to audits to minimize financial losses to MS as well as any damage to Marie Stopes reputation.
• Assist in preparing for Marie Stopes statutory audits particularly in the preparation of the necessary grants schedules with supporting documentations and reconciliation of all grants related accounts.
• Assist in preparing for donor engagement visits as required.
• Act as donor lead grants by participating in bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and bi-annual donor and MSI London Support Office teams meetings as required. Regular liaison with MSI Donor Reporting Team/project accountants.
Training and Capacity building
• Work with Finance to facilitate finance workshops to build the grants management capacity of MS staff and understanding of Marie Stopes’ finance policies and procedures as they relate to project Management.
• Lead project start up meetings, mid-term review meetings and end of grant closure meetings to share learning and increase finance understanding of the milestones vis a vis Marie Stopes funded projects.
• Support the embedding and use of MSI Project Cycle Management Guidelines to institutionalize grant management capacity.
Staff Management and Development
• Direct supervision of the Grants Manager and Officers by managing and strengthening his/her capacity to ensure a responsive and well-organized grants department. (when need arises)
New Business Development
• Work with Director of Grants to identify and successfully capitalise on funding opportunities with major funders of local and international sexual and reproductive health programming.
• Research and analyse donor calls for funding applications including tenders, expressions of interest and requests for proposals. This includes identifying funding opportunities– either as a prime or subcontractor.
• Develop and write successful, high quality funding proposals and budgets as agreed by the Country Management Team (CMT)
• Minimum five years’ work experience especially in private sector or NGO (essential)
• Demonstrable experience managing donor grants (essential)
• Demonstrated success in raising grant income from private philanthropic foundations and/or bi-lateral donors and building donor relationships (essential)
• Experience in writing donor reports for large grants, including narrative and results matrices (essential)
• Experience as a line manager including performance management (desirable)
• Experience in Marie Stopes systems and processes (desirable)
Qualifications, Training and Skills (essential/ desirable)
• Master’s degree in Public Health or related subject or equivalent proven employment experience (desirable)
• Excellent knowledge of the Ugandan health sector (essential)
• Knowledge of family planning and post abortion care (desirable)
• Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office package (essential)
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills (essential)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (essential)
• Fluency in both written and spoken English, with exceptional presentation skills (essential)
• Training in project cycle management (desirable)
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Marie Stopes Uganda Grants Manager Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.