Marie Stopes Sonographer Jobs in Kenya
Marie Stopes Sonographer Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsMarie Stopes Kenya is an NGO registered in Kenya.
We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International.
Together we deliver quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women.
We want to make sure that women have a choice when it comes to having children and that death by unsafe abortion is reduced.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the Sonographer job exists to perform quality ultrasound examinations to clients and make quality reports to assist the physician with the diagnosis and treatment.
The Sonographer’s role and responsibilities include providing diagnostic medical sonography services and its various clinical specialties.
The Sonographer’ activities are performed consistent with their education and training, and in accordance with MSI policies, procedures, and applicable professional standards.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and MSI’s mission of ensuring the individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE.
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values:
• mission driven
• customer focused
• results orientated
• people centered
• Review client medical history and supporting clinical information and communicate with the client in a manner appropriate to the client’s ability to understand the procedure.
• Conduct client clinical assessment and perform the diagnostic medical sonography examination ordered by the supervising physician in accordance with professional and facility protocols
• Review examination images, synthesize examination results, and prepare the preliminary findings.
• Apply independent judgment during the sonography examination to ensure that appropriate anatomical, pathological, and clinical conditions are accurately captured in the examination images.
• Assume responsibility for the safety of the client during the sonographic examination.
• Maintain client privacy and confidentiality in accordance with privacy laws (e.g., HIPAA) and facility policies, and procedures.
• Use proper client positioning tools, devices, equipment adjustment, and ergonomically correct scanning techniques to ensure client comfort and safety, and to prevent compromised data acquisition and musculoskeletal injury to the sonographer.
• Generate demand for ultrasound services by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to drive client volumes.
• Prepare exam room and ultrasound equipment to conduct sonography examinations in accordance with infections disease, sterilization, and client safety protocols, policies, and procedures.
• As necessary, acquire additional ultrasound imaging to facilitate optimum diagnostic results for the interpreting physician.
Soft skills required for the job
• Communication skills
• Observation skills
• Analytical skills
• Team player
• Diploma in Ultrasound, Medical Imaging Sciences or Radiography from a recognized institution.
• At least two years working experience as a sonographer in a reputable hospital/medial facility.
• Registration with the relevant regulatory or professional body if applicable with a current practicing license.
• Computer literate.
• Knowledge of relevant legislations.
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to: email@example.com on or before April 4, 2020.
The subject of the email should read “Sonographer”.
Kindly label your CV in your full name as you save and attach to the email.
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not ask for fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.