Marie Stopes Procurement Officer Jobs in Uganda
Marie Stopes Procurement Officer Jobs in Uganda
The Role Reporting to the Head Procurement & Logistics, the purpose of this role is to assist in the process that ensures that all procurement of goods and services in Marie Stopes across all activities and departments meets the standards of quality, quantity, time, price and place..
Process Purchase Requisition Forms (PRFs) in to Purchase Orders using INFLOW and follow up with vendors for delivery.
Organizing and maintain computerized and hard copy procurement files according to established filing systems.
Verify invoices and delivery notes by ensuring that they tally with the Purchase Order.
Vendor Management Activities
• Maintain pre-qualified vendor database as authorized.
• Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability and delivery.
• Facilitate in product sample approvals by the respective user department where applicable.
Operational Procurement Activities
• Coordinate and schedule meetings with vendors.
• Perform procurement activities relating to review of completeness of PRFs and Request for Quotations (RFQs).
• Take minutes of procurement committee meetings.
• Respond to queries directed to procurement and logistics and escalate where necessary
• Update the weekly procurement tracker and share to all MSIU staff
• Coordinate dispatch of supplies to the warehouse and/or to user departments
• Compile Monthly procurement reports on the following;- PRF’s received, Processing Time for PRF’s, Purchase Orders Issued, Savings made,
• Ensure Compliance to MSI procurement policies and procedures
• Ensure that Value for Money is achieved in all procurements handled through aggressive negotiations, ensuring that goods / services procured are fit for purpose.
• Timely processing of PRF’s received from user departments
• On Time and In Full delivery of goods and services procured.
• Maintain good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Process supplier invoices, ensuring that right and complete documentation is processed and provided to the Administration and Finance departments to support payments.
Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum of 3 years working experience in the same capacity in a busy organisation
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Proficiency in use of MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook and other computer applications
• Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• Ability to work autonomously
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Qualifications and Training (essential/ desirable)
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, procurement from a recognised institution of higher learning, MCIPS or working towards MCIPS
Successful performance at MS is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
Focus on Learning
Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
Drive and determination to deliver results
Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Marie Stopes Procurement Officer Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.