Maersk Equipment Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
Maersk Equipment Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
Job DetailsMaersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services.
We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships - we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet.
Maersk are looking to hire an engaged and conscientious Equipment Coordinator who will be responsible to ensure optimal equipment utilisation in line with empty flow plan to ensure we are providing the most reliable and efficient service to our customers at the lowest possible cost, covering the forecasted equipment needs.
Implements the global equipment strategy. Develop and implement a strategy to create sustainable unit cost savings.
We offer a position in a challenging and ever-changing environment in which you will sharpen your industry knowledge as well as your communication skills and techniques relevant to Operations. .
• Manage inland empty equipment positioning, using PLP input constraint management.
• Deliver stocks and inventory control at inland locations/ports that meet approved forecast export bookings.
• Daily stock monitoring per depot / port to ensure stock progression meets PLP suggestion and TSL.
• Ensure supply / evacuation planning to/from inland pools/ports correctly and timely.
• Establish most cost effective alternative flow planning in case of equipment shortages in line with PLP.
• Manage and develop relationships with relevant internal external stakeholders within geographical scope through the fostering of close interaction.
• Initiate and drive E2E equipment related cost saving initiatives, including but not limited to equipment storage, flow execution and EQU upgrades within area of responsibility.
• Increase the available global fleet, by reducing long standing and equipment dwell times.
• Own/Drive Reconciliation of stock levels between Depot (Actual) and RKEM/ROCK.
• Update and maintain systems relevant to position duties including, but not limited to, EDI links
with depots. F1 error clearance.
• RKEMF1 EDI / TRACKING 1.GSC 2.LOC support
• Work with EMR to ensure damaged units are repaired and put back into fleet asap.
• Co-ordinate with Delivery/intermodal to
ensure container movement orders are executed as per instruction.
• Performs other position related duties as specified by LOC management/Team Leaders.
• Promote triangulation where possible and cost effective. This should be a joint effort
between procurement-delivery- equipment-product but the actual updates and equipment approval lies with equipment
• Drive improvement in Forecast accuracy with commercial and AA
• Maintain CODS for empty drop off and collection steering
• Damaged Container recovery/management
• Seals Management.
• PO management
• Touch point for Container Sales.
• Damaged Container recovery/management under equipment – physical retrieval of equipment
We are looking for
• 3 years of in liner operations, capacity or yield management experience (Shipping industry).
• Understand the Operational business processes across the Cluster scope.
• At least basic knowledge of Operational concepts internally and externally.
• General understanding of Maersk global and local systems.
• Excellent numerical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail.
• Resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Excellent Written and Verbal skills with people at all levels across the organisation in English.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Maersk Equipment Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.