Lyra in Africa Digital Learning Coordinator - Jobs in Tanzania
Lyra in Africa Digital Learning Coordinator - Jobs in Tanzania
Lyra in Africa Organization (Lyra) is a registered Tanzanian
Non-Governmental Organization based in Iringa, Tanzania. Lyra’s mission is to create vibrant communities by improving education and income opportunities for girls and women across rural Tanzania.
We are seeking to employ a Digital Learning Coordinator, who will be in charge of overseeing and supporting the planning, delivery, and implementation of a long-term, high-quality digital learning project at the Lyra partner secondary schools. Lyra in Africa has been running a digital learning (DL) program in Ward Secondary Schools of Iringa,
Tanzania since 2017.Tasks & Responsibilities:
Lead the Digital Learning team to contribute to and meet the annual Lyra digital and hostel support objectives.
[Digital Learning (DL) – Supervision and Support to Schools
• Coordinate and manage all Lyra’s digital learning initiatives.
• Improve and implement a training guide manual for teachers to ensure that they use DL as part of their classroom teaching to ease their day-to-day work.
• Improve and implement a guide for coaching students on how to use DL to search for content, perform quizzes and watch educational videos and other resources, to increase both group and self-study. Additional focus is to be given to Hostel Girls.
• Improve and implement a training guide for student leaders in each class (Form I-IV), who will be supporting their fellow students to navigate the educational resources and do minimum troubleshooting.
• Work together with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to formulate ways to ensure sustainability and long-term support to the schools, including a training program.
• Review and update an ICT training program to be used for successful implementation of the Lyra ICT Program to ICT club members in Schools.
• Manage and work together with the Digital Learning Team in ensuring the ICT Clubs so they run effectively in selected partner schools.
• Together with the Lyra Senior Management Team, review the Lyra database and recommend areas for improvement.
• Implement areas of improvement as decided above.
• Lead in the plan for the Lyra Annual Tech Competition Day in Iringa to coincide with the Africa Code Week.
• Formulate schedules for training programs for all Lyra partner schools and other beneficiaries of the DL program in a cost-effective manner.
• Manage and build external relationships with partners of the DL program.
• Coordinate and write case studies using Lyra’s format for capturingstories, as guided.Hostel Specific:
• Coordinate collection of data in all Lyra Hostels, to ensure that at all times the organization is aware of the current status of all the Hostels in terms of occupancy, sponsorship, and contact details for the Hostel Parents Committee and Matron.
• Update data in the Lyra database for girls provided with Lyra Sponsorship and monitor their academic performance.
• Ensure collection of case studies by the DL team each month of Lyra-sponsored girls as they visit the schools.Technical:
• Manage the organization’s technical needs and programs; ensure all staff members are fluent and confident in using the technical tools relevant to their work.
• Maintain a database of all Lyra Digital Learning Equipment for tracking.
• Travel to Lyra schools to evaluate hardware and installed software. Prepare a manual for troubleshooting and preventive maintenance and train the Lyra DL team, and designated DL Teachers in the partner schools.
• Research and suggest alternative technical solutions to meet the technical needs of Lyra schools to increase the efficiency of digital learning programs & expand usage by both teachers and students.
• Assist fellow DL team members, including volunteers, digital mentors, teachers, and student leaders in technical backstopping, to ensure continued delivery of the DL program.
• Review and recommend suppliers of DL equipment for the Lyra DL program.Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL):
• In collaboration with the Lyra SMT, contribute to the technical design of MEL methodologies for the DL program.
• Formalise the MEL and get all the data collected from schools sorted and analyzed for monitoring and evaluation needed for reporting and donors.
• Participate actively in the implementation of the MEL plan, ensuring the collection of quality through validation and verification.
• Collect training data, and prepare and submit reports to Lyra at the end of each training program.
• Ensure information from MEL activities is properly analyzed and written
up for reporting and learning.Administration:
• Coordinate and communicate regularly with your line manager and team.
• Preparation and completion of reports promptly as agreed in the Deliverables.
• Complete the monthly and quarterly reports and dashboard.
• Oversee and ensure the quality of all administration and record keeping, including cloud-based databases.Communication:
• Manage the image of the organization to schools, students, partners, and other DL stakeholders.
• Design and implement different initiatives which will improve the Lyra DL program.
• Manager communication between Lyra and its partners, schools, and other stakeholders.
• Communicate about Lyra programs to the different stakeholders and act as a champion for branding all our programs.
• Improve internal DL team members’ communication and team spirit.Finance:
• At all times, adhere to the organization’s highest standards of financial management.
• Manage the digital learning budget and produce individual and DL team activity budgets.
• Support and train DL officers to ensure accuracy, transparency, and timeline are kept, working within agreed expenditure limits.Line Management:
• Line manage the Digital Learning officers to ensure that they perform their roles, contributing to high quality and effective delivery.Other:
• Represent Lyra Management team in internal and external events, when required.
• Other related duties may be assigned by your line manager.Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
• With a bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or other related courses.
• Fluent in English and Swahili (written and spoken).
• Minimum 3 years experience in delivering digital learning skills projects.
• Strong computer Maintenance and Networking skills.
• Strong understanding of computer operating systems, hardware and
• Strong project planning skills and a proven track record of delivering projects.
• Proven ability to deliver high-quality training and experiential learning.
• A good understanding and experience of international development, digital skills, and learning, gender equality, and sustainable development issues.
• Strong people management skills.
• Experience in working with and developing young people.
• Be a strong and flexible team player.
• Knowledge of how to manage relationships with different partners.
• People focused with excellent communication and facilitation skills with the ability to lead by example.Safeguarding
Lyra in Africa is committed to safeguarding as an integral part of the work we undertake. As part of your work, you will be in touch with members of the Communities, Children, Girls in Secondary Schools, and vulnerable people. Lyra in Africa has a zero-tolerance policy towards all forms of abuse, bullying, harassment, and sexual exploitation. As an employee of Lyra, you will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding
Policy. Under this policy, you must immediately report any concerns about the actions related to Lyra in Africa work that may harm children or vulnerable adults.Anti-Bribery and Corruption
Lyra has zero tolerance for corrupt activities in any form, including bribery, facilitation payments, and any kind of influence, whether committed by Lyra employees or third parties acting for or on behalf of
Lyra. Lyra commits to comply with applicable country-specific laws and regulations on anti-bribery and corruption where we operate. Lyra requires all employees, contractors, consultants, and all who we work with to comply with the same laws and this policy and take active steps to ensure that corruption does not occur in Lyra’s operations.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor's DegreeHow to Apply
• Interested qualified candidates should submit their CV and cover letter in one PDF document to email@example.com
• email to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st July 2022.
• The applicants should clearly state the job title applied for in the subject line of the email.
• Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Candidates with computer Maintenance skills are encouraged to apply.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information and job application details, see; Lyra in Africa Digital Learning Coordinator Jobs in Tanzania Find daily jobs in Tanzania. Jobs - Tanzania jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Tanzanian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Tanzania.
Jobs in Tanzania - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Tanzania.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Tanzania posted and updated daily - click here!