Kisumu County Assembly Clerk of the Assembly Jobs in Kenya
Kisumu County Assembly Clerk of the Assembly Jobs in KenyaFunctions of the Clerk
1) Implementing the resolutions of the County Assembly Service Board to
ensure the Members and Staff are properly facilitated to discharge their
mandates at the County Assembly;
2) Overseeing smooth and efficient operation of Select Committees;
3) Provision of information and research for the Speaker and Members;
4) Ensuring production of accurate record of the House Business/
form of Votes and Proceedings;
5) Marshalling all decisions arrived at by the County Assembly, preparing
and producing them pursuant to specified format set out in the
Constitution of Kenya, the statutes, the Standing Orders, Precedents,
the traditions and practices;
6) Ensuring timely processing and orderly disposal of the agenda of the
County Assembly also known as Orders of the Day.Main duties and Responsibilities
1) The Administrative head of the County Assembly;
2) The Accounting Officer / Authorized Officer for the County Assembly;
3) Secretary to the County Assembly Service Board of Kisumu;
4) Responsible for implementation of all policy decisions of the County
Assembly Service Board;
5) Responsible for Enhancing Public understanding and knowledge of the
work of the County Assembly and increasing Public accessibility;
6) The Principal Advisor on all legislative procedures, practices ,
conventions and traditions to the Speaker of the County Assembly, other
presiding Officers and to all Honorable Members of the County Assembly;
7) The Chief Advisor to the Speaker in the exercise of all powers and
functions that belong to the Speaker and through the Speaker, to the
House. He acts under authority and takes decisions in the name of the
Speaker. Orders passed by the Clerk are the Orders in the name of the
Speaker, and the latter accepts full responsibility for those orders;
8) Responsible for marshalling all Legislative measures passed by the County
Assembly.Requirements for Appointment
Pursuant to the provisions of section 12 of the County Governments Act and
the County Assembly Services Act, a person shall not be qualified for
appointment as a Clerk of the County Assembly unless such person:
a) Should be a Kenyan Citizen.
b) Has had at least 7 years of relevant professional experience.
c) Holds a degree in social science, political science, law from a
university recognized in Kenya or
d) Meets the requirements of Leadership and Integrity set out in Chapter 6
of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
e) Must have undertaken strategic and Development
leadership(SLDP) from Kenya School of Government
The following qualifications will be an added advantage:
1) Served in, and shown proven and enduring flair for parliamentary/
County Assembly procedures and practice, and have wide experience
on the role, functions and operation of a legislature through
exhaustive service in relevant spheres of a legislative body.
2) A master’s degree in relevant discipline from a university
recognized in Kenya or its equivalent.
3) Priority will be given to those who are working within the County Government
of KisumuSalary and Remuneration
Kshs.132,000x6,480 -138,480x 6,670-145,150x6,860 – 152,010x7,060 -
159,070x7,710 – 166,780 x13,660 – 180,440x14,970 – 195,410 pm.Mandatory Requirements for All Positions
All interested applicants MUST obtain and submit the following valid
1) Curriculum Vitae,
2) Certified copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates,
3) National Identity Card or Passport
4) Observe Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
5) Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority; ( KRA),
6) Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board; (HELB),
7) Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; (EACC),
8) Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal investigation Department; (CID);
9) Clearance Certificate from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
All applications should clearly be marked to;
County Assembly Service Board, Kisumu County Assembly,
P.O. Box 86 – 40100,
and be hand delivered to the office of the speaker/chairman of the County
Assembly Service Board located at the Assembly building Kisumu, so as to
reach him not later than Tuesday 10th December 2019 at 5.00pm.Note
: The County Assembly is an equal opportunity Employer;
canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!