Kenya Roads Board Executive Director Jobs in Kenya
Kenya Roads Board Executive Director Jobs in Kenya
Job DetailsKenya Roads Board (KRB) is a statutory body established by the Kenya Roads Board Act No. 7 of 1999.
The object and purpose for which KRB was established is to oversee the road network in Kenya and coordinate the maintenance, rehabilitation and development funded by the Kenya Roads Board Fund as established under the Act and to advise the Cabinet Secretary responsible for roads on all matters related thereto.
The Board seeks to recruit a dynamic, experienced and results-oriented person to the position of Executive Director.
The Executive Director shall be responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of KRB, implementation of the decisions of the Board and control of all functions and assets of KRB under the statutory supervision of the Board. Under the provisions of the Act, the Executive Director is an ex-officio member of the Board and is its Secretary. .
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities at this level among others include:
• Formulation and implementation of plans and strategies to achieve KRB mandates in accordance with the Act:
• Financial Modeling - developing financial strategies for the Board, overseeing suitable funding initiatives such as bond programmes, offering advice on Investment matters, and detecting financial risks, setting quantum and tenors of borrowings, matching revenue streams with commitments;
• Preparation of business and corporate plans for Board approval
• Preparation and submission to the Board of consolidated annual work programmes and revenue estimates;
• Preparation of annual budgets and financial reports of KRB Operations and KRB Fund:
• Evaluation and execution of the roadwork programmes and preparation and submission to the Board of monthly financial and operational reports;
• Monitoring and evaluation of approved annual public roads programmes (through technical compliance, performance and financial audits) and submission of regular reports to the Board;
• Supervision of consultants commissioned to carry out activities on behalf of KRB:
• Motivating and managing KRB staff towards achieving the Board's objectives and building a high performance team culture,
• Compliance with all relevant statutory requirements:
• Any other duties assigned by the Board.
• Degree in Finance, Accounting, Law or Engineering from a university recognised in Kenya;
• Knowledge of the Road Sector and at least ten years' experience in a relevant field:
• Must have served in a senior management position for a period of at least five years, and
• Must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Professional qualification
and membership to a professional body:
• Valid and current practicing certificate issued by a professional body:
• Possession of MBA or advanced degree will be an added advantage:
• Financial expertise, knowledge of Road Financing. Capital Markets, Bonds and Syndicated Loans:
• Proven ability to translate initiatives into achievable action plans;
• Ability to build effective networks and partnerships with stakeholders:
• Outstanding communication and motivation skills:
• Good computer working knowledge;
• Good working knowledge of the Public Sector;
Terms of Service
The Executive Director will serve on contract for a period to be determined by the Board in the instrument of appointment or otherwise in writing.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including house allowance, medical benefits, gratuity and other benefits in accordance with State Corporations Advisory Committee and Salaries Remuneration Commission guidelines.
How to Apply
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials or other supporting documents. The application should also indicate the names and contact of three referees. Scanned copies of these documents must accompany online applications.
• All applications should be clearly marked "Application for the position of Executive Director" and submitted in any of the following ways:
• Hand delivered application in sealed envelope addressed to the Chairperson, Kenya Roads Board to be dropped at the reception of Kenya Roads Offices, 3rd Floor, Kenya Re Towers, off Ragati Road in Upper Hill, Nairobi.
Online applications should be emailed in PDF format to email@example.com
Posted applications should be addressed to:
Kenya Roads Board
3rd Floor, Kenya Re-Towers,
Off Ragati Road, Upper Hill
P. O. Box 73718-00200, Nairobi, Kenya
Interested applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following bodies;
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Higher Education Loans Board
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
• Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
• Credit Reference Bureau.
Applicants must submit copies of these clearance certificates with the application
All Applications must reach the Chairperson not later than 5 p.m. on 22nd October, 2020.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.