Kenya Red Cross Society Finance Manager - British Red Cross Jobs
Kenya Red Cross Society Finance Manager - British Red Cross Jobs
Role PurposeThe post holder is responsible for ensuring effective financial management and compliance for all BRC projects in East Africa and consistency between UK finance records and field records.
In addition, the role includes the financial training and support of both BRC staff and partner national society staff in East Africa. .
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Management of BRC Office in East Africa
• To oversee the management of all BRC bank and cash accounts ensuring that reconciliations are carried out monthly, submitted to UK office and that all necessary financial controls are in place;
• To ensure that the office submits its monthly cash flow request and monthly financial return to International Finance on time and with all necessary supporting documentation
• To oversee and support all procurement processes that relate to BRC activities in East Africa;
• To ensure that costs of the BRC office in East Africa are correctly accounted for in the corporate budgeting and forecasting processes;
• To ensure that there is consistency in the use of Agresso account codes in the office monthly returns and to maintain the integrity of the financial information in Agresso for the office, ensuring entries are correct & up to date;
• To ensure that the office follows all corporate financial policies and procedures and has an up to date office finance and admin handbook;
• To ensure that the financial and administrative aspects of all service agreements are up to date;
• To ensure that a record is kept of all legal contracts, MoUs and agreements and that these are kept up to date and complied with;
Financial Management of East Africa Programmes:
• To produce a monthly financial report for the BRC East Africa Country Cluster Manager of programmes showing progress against budget for all projects and highlighting any current financial issues with the partner national societies.
• To support the development of new plans and proposals, ensuring budgets are appropriate and clearly presented to meet both BRC and donor requirements
• To ensure that all projects in East Africa are correctly accounted for in the corporate budgeting and forecasting processes.
• To support the corporate BRC year end process and annual external audit process as required;
• To ensure that all financial transactions for all projects in East Africa are always correctly reflected in Agresso.
• To work with the International Finance Dept to ensure that all new projects in East Africa are set up in the correct manner.
• Collaborate and support BRC Programme Managers and Programme support Officer on day to day basis, on financial programme matters.
Financial Management of Restricted Funds
• To ensure that the financial elements of applications on all restricted fund programmes relating to East Africa are prepared, reviewed and supported;
• To ensure that donor financial reports on all restricted fund programmes relating to East Africa are prepared, reviewed, supported and submitted in a timely manner;
• To ensure that programme audits on all restricted fund programmes relating to East Africa are arranged and carried out in line with the donor contracts;
• To ensure that costs for all restricted fund programme are always correctly accounted for and supported by valid documentation;
• To ensure that all restricted fund programmes are correctly closed including disposal of assets, closure of bank accounts and finalization of reports;
Financial Risk Assessment
In collaboration with International Finance, keep up to date the financial risk assessments of partner national societies in the East Africa region.
• Ensuring that key financial risks are identified and clear recommendations are given on how to deal with areas of weaknesses identified and to ensure that the recommendations are implemented.
• BRC Project Information Management System (PIMS) is kept up to date and identified risks are recorded.
• In collaboration with International Finance, support any Internal and External Audit trips to the region as required;
Financial Training and Support
• To design, develop, schedule and deliver financial training to BRC staff;
• To work with and support partner national society staff in financial matters as required by the BRC East Africa Representative;
• To carry out the financial induction for new starters in the BRC office;
• To provide technical advice to the East Africa Programme Assistant on matters relating to financial reporting and management;
• Undertake any other appropriate duties that may be required by the BRC East Africa Country Cluster Manager
• Willingness to support and work collaboratively with the southern Africa team as well as surge support, during periods of high demand.
Skills & Personal Attributes
• Strong audit and internal controls knowledge with the ability to highlight weaknesses and make appropriate recommendations
• Highly computer literate with advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint and computerised accounts systems
• Ability to assimilate complex financial and written information quickly and accurately
• Strong analytical, reporting, presentation and facilitation skills
• Proactive, highly motivated and able to use initiative to a significant degree
• Ability to think strategically
• Ability to be self-manage and work as part of a team
• Creative and able to review and develop new policies and procedures
• Patient and supportive
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to both finance and non-finance staff
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience
• Experience of developing financial systems to support international operations
• Experience of supporting institutional donor programmes
• Experience of supporting budget and forecast preparation
• Experience of delivering financial training & support, especially to non-finance people
• Experience of financial risk management
• Experience of working with international programmes
• Experience of different accounting systems (experience of working with Agresso and Navision an advantage)
Education & Training
• Qualified accountant (CPA/ACCA or equivalent) with relevant experience
• Degree level education
• Uphold the Fundamental Principles and act with integrity, in accordance with the Society’s obligations and values (inclusive, compassionate, courageous, dynamic)
• The right to work in Kenya
• Ensure anti-discriminatory practice and promote diversity
• Flexibility to be available to provide out of hours finance support when required
following major emergencies
• Available to travel in East Africa and to the UK for up to 12 weeks per year
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Kenya Red Cross Society Finance Manager - British Red Cross Jobs
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.