KEMRI Driver Jobs in Kenya
KEMRI Driver Jobs in Kenya
Non-typhoidal Salmonellosis (NTS), has emerged as a prominent cause of bloodstream infection in adults and children within Sub-Saharan Africa, with incidence of 227 cases/ 100,000 population.
The aim of this project is to understand the role of carriage and the transmission dynamics of iNTS and Typhi between healthy and sick individuals and their microbial environment in an endemic disease setting. This project will utilize blood, fecal and environmental samples as we perform surveillance studies for carriage of typhoid fever, a disease pandemic in our settings and other low and middle – income counties.
This job exists to facilitate movement of goods, research materials, specimen, study participants or staff from one point to another as authorised to enhance research activities and smooth running of the study. This individual must be willing to reside in the study area, work long and after-hours including weekends where necessary.
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a mean grade D+ from Kenya National
Examination Council (KNEC).
Suitability Test for Drivers Grade III conducted by the Ministry of Roads and Public Works;
Knowledge of skills required to perform a variety of manual tasks.
Knowledge of relevant legislation-National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) rules.
• Communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Problem solving.
• Valid Driving License.
• Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
• At least four (4) years of experience.
Education and Professional training
• Valid and clean PSV driving License classes – A, B, C, and E.
• Basic mechanical or equivalent certification will be an added advantage.
minimum of Four (4) years in a busy institution.
• Good communication skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Honesty and reliability.
• Basic Computer Skills.
• To drive site vehicles carefully at all times and ensure safety of the passengers, other road
users, and the assigned vehicle;
• To transport participants, staff, visitors and deliveries when required
• Shipment of study samples to respective laboratories
• To ensure high level of professionalism while handling clients
• To ensure cleanliness of site vehicles at all times
• To perform thorough vehicle inspection before use
• Perform minor maintenance of vehicles and reporting all defects
• Recording time and mileage logs at all times
• To indicate the vehicle fuel and service costs
• To ensure all vehicle reports are done and submitted as per scheduled date;
• Checking all statutory requirements of all vehicles.
• Adherence to vehicle maintenance schedules.
• Proper and prompt reporting of any accident or damage involving site vehicles.
• To assist in other duties in the office as assigned by the immediate supervisor when not
undertaking driving duties.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; KEMRI Driver Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.