JRS Programme Assistant Jobs in Kenya
JRS Programme Assistant Jobs in KenyaRole Overview JRS in collaboration with MC is now seeking a proactive, innovative, enthusiastic, social and flexible program assistant to support the project leader out of the JRS Nairobi office.
While the program Assistant will have clear administrative tasks related to documentation, organization and financial reporting, the role demands someone who is willing to go above and beyond the scope of work.
The program assistant will be an employee of the Jesuit Refugee Services in Kenya and will report to Bard College’s Associate Vice President for Global Initiatives, who sits in the JRS Nairobi office.
● Assisting with all administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings, checking email, supporting the enrolment process, tracking students, and handling expense reports
● Liaising with program partners, including JRS, Bard, ASU, the LMS, local universities, and other OSUN partners to ensure projects are moving forward
● Working directly with students to provide support as needed, including basic coaching for their classes
● Remaining in close contact with all students and professors, assisting as needed
● Working closely with the program leadership on budgetary matters, including tracking
expenses, submitting receipts, as well as filling and finalizing expense reports
● Coordinating any necessary vetting for students and OSUN
● Being ready to answer the students’ concerns and questions any time they reach out to you
● Being ready to assist in any and all ways that will keep the Microcollege project moving forward
● Juggling many tasks simultaneously
Qualification and Experience
The following skills and capacities may have been developed through a combination of formal or informal education, previous professional experience, or current training/professional experience that the candidate is undergoing.
Bachelor’s degree in administration, Project Management or any other related field
At least 2 year working experience
The candidate should be:
Highly self-motivated and independent with a desire to take initiative
Eagerness to make things happen that have never happened before
Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
Ability to work well with others, including those with very different personalities
Ability to manage an office, including use of Excel and reporting software
Ability to learn online learning management systems
Ability and desire to learn new things
Great problem solving strategies
Great listening skills
Eagerness and ability to create connections with organizations and leaders
Respect for community generated requests and needs
Familiarity with needs assessment strategies
Excellent writing skills: proposals, letters, reports
How to Apply
All applicants are requested to submit the following documents:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English including three (3) professional references with their contact information, phone and email address.
A cover letter describing the candidate's desire and motivation to work for JRS and his/her qualifications and experience are a good fit for this position.
Applications should be sent to HR Department - JRS Kenya, via email:
email@example.com by 4th September 2020 with subject Programme Assistant.
Applications will be screened on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.