Jacaranda Health Clinical Educator Jobs in Kenya
Jacaranda Health Clinical Educator Jobs in Kenya
Purpose/Objective The position is responsible for providing leadership for professional development and implementation of programs and support services that enhance the theoretical knowledge and clinical practice of the clinical workforce. This includes the planning and development of education and training programs that complement the development and review of policy and procedures with a strong focus on evidenced-based practice. The incumbent will be accountable for the development, coordination and evaluation of consistent clinical practice, policies, protocols and procedures that are competency based. In addition, he/she will be responsible for clinical staff induction and continuous orientation to ensure quality of practice is upheld as well as the right culture is
Jacaranda Maternity is redesigning the future of healthcare in East Africa. Our hospital in Nairobi is changing the way maternal healthcare is provided by developing better ways to provide high-quality, dignified, patient-centred care at affordable prices. We have won global and local recognition, including from the Centre for Health Market Innovations, the Gates Foundation, Savings Lives at Birth, and Innovations in Healthcare – and our facilities have been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya. Our values play a large role in helping shape the quality of care we provide:
Uncompromising Quality – we aim to set a gold standard for quality of care and measure ourselves constantly against our
Teamwork and Openness – leverage strength in unity and diversity to create an environment where we work as a team and have open, direct and transparent conversations.
Initiative – we do what we must do to get the results we need while maintaining quality of care and dignity for our clients
Continuous Improvement- we do, we fail, we repeat. Our actions are guided by evidence, and as we forge a new path, we know that there is always a better way to provide exceptional service
Sustainability – we do what we can so that we grow sustainably and provide more impact to more communities
We have big ambitions and we are looking for people who will adhere to these values and have the highest work ethics. Will you join us and help transform maternal and newborn healthcare in East Africa?
Develop comprehensive clinical induction programs, review and update them regularly
Be directly involved in nursing practice by providing patient care in the wards
Provide leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of practice
Plan and implement internal education programs on relevant topics across all cadres
Actively participate in performance improvement programs to identify learning needs of the staff, work proactively to cater to these needs within the approved budget
Collaborate with other health care disciplines within the hospital, community and consultants to develop and implement educational programs
Provide consultation to nursing staff and other health care professionals
Maintain practice excellence by utilizing practice opportunities for own professional growth and attending educational activities as needed
Demonstrate professional commitment through membership in specialty organizations
Assist with ongoing staff performance
evaluations and direct staff toward achieving optimum professional development. Participate actively in review of feedback from clinical teams and use this to conduct a training needs analysis
Actively participate in recruitment of clinical staff as part of the technical team to include the orientation program for all staff
Provide insights to senior management team on effectiveness of learning and development programs
Actively participate in Root Cause Analysis and be the lead in implementation of resolutions made
Provide general oversight role in clinical practice and work closely with clinical leadership to maintain standards of care
Ensure weekly drills and case reviews are conducted with the assistant of the charge nurses
• Degree in Nursing, Clinical Education, Clinical Medicine & Surgery or relevant field, Master’s Degree in same field is highly desirable withcertificates of PRONTO, TOT, BLS & ACLS
• Minimum of 7 years as a general nurse or clinical officer, with at least 5 years midwifery experience or experience in a busy maternity ward
• Proficient in PC based computer skills including Excel & PowerPoint. Experience using an ERP is desirable
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
• Leadership skills involving change management, motivational and team development skills together with the ability to apply complex problem- solving strategies.
• Ability to develop, coordinate, deliver and evaluate education and training programs that incorporate contemporary adult learning principles.
• Ability to interpret and facilitate the implementation of policy/guidelines and evidence-based practice.
• Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills including comprehensive reports and advice for key internal and external partners.
• Proficient facilitation and presentation skills preferred alongside proficient computer skills.
• Ability to drive environment, safety and health initiatives in the organization including coordinating audits
• Continuous improvement – Commitment to ongoing professional development and the capacity to apply knowledge and skills to develop innovative improvement strategies.
• Adaptability and decisiveness – ability and confidence to vary between being flexible and holding firm on a decision, depending on what the situation requires
• Willingness to adhere to Jacaranda’s values and demonstrate initiative through the ability to be able to take action to address needs without being told to do so
• Top notch organizational skills- ability to identify and set priorities, plan effectively and allocate appropriate resources as well as attend to details to ensure high quality outcomes
• Interpersonal skills – ability to work effectively with different people, acknowledge diverse opinions, minimizing conflict and promoting harmony
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Jacaranda Health Clinical Educator Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.