IsraAID Country Director Jobs in South Sudan
IsraAID Country Director Jobs in South SudanJob DescriptionPosition
: IsraAID Country Director – South SudanContract type
: Full-time employmentSummary
Country Director will lead the organization’s projects in South Sudan proving oversight to all
IsraAID operations in the country, playing a leading role in planning, designing, implementation,
development and administration of all programs, supervision and capacity development of staff,
and ensuring effective and efficient financial management, donor and legal compliance.
candidate will combine experience in humanitarian aid and management/administration and have
a passion for working with the population in the country.Context
IsraAID is a non-profit, non-governmental and apolitical humanitarian aid agency dedicated to
supporting populations in crisis around the world.
Founded in 2001, the organization has
responded to crises in 52 countries and has ongoing operations in 14 countries, spanning a wide
range of different sectors of expertise from both the humanitarian aid and international
IsraAID has worked in South Sudan since December 2011.Specific ResponsibilitiesCountry vision and Strategy
1. Provide leadership in the development and implementation of IsraAID’s programming in line
with the country’s strategic plan and develop sound methodological and technical support to
ensure use of participatory methodologies, human rights, and social exclusion frameworks.
2. Identify, reach out and create collaboration with partners in line with the country’s vision, such
as academies and international platforms.
3. Oversee the dissemination of IsraAID’s mission, core values and principles at the country level
and lead, coordinate and mentor the country program and its staff in line with the country
strategy and philosophy.
4. Stay up-to-date on socio-economic and political changes in the country related to IsraAID South
Sudan’s mandate, undertake a timely strategic review of IsraAID South Sudan’s program
strategy to respond to a rapidly changing environment.
5. Provide on-going support, monitoring and evaluation of IsraAID South Sudan programs and
existing projects, coordinate program reviews, evaluations, and follow up on the
implementation of evaluation findings.
6. Coordinate the production of timely quality program reports in line with IsraAID’s established
policy.Human Resource Management and Staff Development
1. Provide leadership support to country staff and promote best practices in human resources
2. Maintain effective and appropriate staff recruitment, orientation, appraisal, remuneration, and
development practice at all levels to ensure the optimum utilization and development of
IsraAID’s human resources.
3. Provide coaching and mentoring advice to staff when necessary and lead initiatives to develop
staff capacityFunding and Grants Management
1. Develop networks and partnerships with national/regional/international institutions in the
country and promote collaboration and funding.
2. Spearhead a funding strategy that maximizes and increases the external funding base, staying
up to date on donor trends, and ensures adherence to funding and donor requirements.
3. Oversee the production of quality proposals and respond to call for proposals
4. Facilitate and coordinate donor visits, donor meetings, discussions, and evaluations as
5. Promote and encourage a culture of compliance throughout IsraAID. Maintains a clear
understanding donor compliance and adheres to those standards.Financial and Administrative Management
1. Ensure that all financial and administrative procedures are in accordance with IsraAID’s
established policies and maintain the financial and legal integrity of the organization.
2. Prepare and
implementation and review of the annual country budget.
3. Provide progress and financial reports as required by the government and IsraAID HQ, as well
as accountability procedures as required by other organizations.
4. Ensure the preparation, accuracy and timely submission of financial reports that comply with
grant or contract agreements.
5. Check and verify all inventories and promote efficient and effective management of
organizational assets.Security and Risk Management
1. Be fully accountable at country level for security and risk management, keeping abreast of all
relevant developments in the country, and maintain regular communication with national and
international security institutions.
2. Develop and maintain appropriate security plans, and contingency plans when needed.
3. Carry overall responsibility for country security planning in collaboration with HQ.Corporate leadership
1. Act as guardian of the IsraAID brand in South Sudan.
2. Ensure staff are continuously engaged and aligned with IsraAID’s global vision, mission, values,
strategic directions and business plan.
3. Actively contribute to IsraAID’s reputation and role as a national, international and regional
4. Maintain regular communication with the IsraAID in-country board, IsraAID-Israel HQ, and
other IsraAID branches, as appropriate.
5. Provide inputs to IsraAID international activities as and when required, participate in task
forces, training courses and conferences.
6. Promote IsraAID’s organizational identity, culture, and capacity to all stakeholders and
partners and ensure IsraAID remains relevant to the changing humanitarian and development
needs in the country.Compliance & Ethics
1. Understanding of and commitment to the following principles: cultural sensitivity, local
ownership, sustainability, inclusiveness, local partnership, non-discrimination, do-no-harm,
and apolitical approach; codes of conduct against sexual exploitation and abuse; and against
child exploitation and modern slavery;
2. Commitment to abide by IsraAID’s and the UN’s codes of conducts and principles.
3. Commitment to abide by IsraAID’s security policy.Essential Skills, Knowledge, and CompetenciesEducation and Experience M.A. level of academic background in international development, social sciences or
other relevant field;
Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in humanitarian or development settings
Knowledge and experience of emergency contexts, especially protection response in
emergency settings. Strong familiarity with the IASC guidelines for interventions in
An excellent understanding of, and practical experience with, program design,
program management cycle, M&E and Ethics in Programming;
Substantial experience in the financial management of significant budgets;
Proven expertise in leading fundraising, seeking and securing new donors,
successful proposal writing, management of grants;
Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing complex teams.
Experience in directly managing and supervising a diverse and multinational staff;
Significant experience with institutional donors, including UN donors, familiarity
with international coordination structures;
Ability to work independently, exercise judgement and flexibility in a very
Demonstrated organizational skills;
Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively;
Highly reliable, able to consistently meet tight deadlines;
Willingness to abide by all IsraAID South Sudan security and policy guidelines.
Solid understanding of the political context in South Sudan, including security and
Excellent cross-cultural awareness.
1. Based in Juba, South Sudan
2. Paid full-time position on a 1-year contract
To apply for this position, please send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.