IRC WPE Coordinator Jobs in South Sudan
IRC WPE Coordinator Jobs in South Sudan
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.Job Summary:
The Women's Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Coordinator is responsible for strategy development, program design and development, technical support to ensure quality implementation, standardization, monitoring and evaluation of all activities in the field of WPE. Primary duties will include strengthening the WPE sector and providing technical oversight of this program across all sites of implementation.
The program is currently implemented in Lakes, Unity, Northern Bahr el Ghazal, Upper Nile and Central Equatoria states. Focus is on program quality, with program progress being monitored and evaluated against quantifiable benchmarks, and business development, to ensure sufficient funding for multi-year robust programming.
The WPE Coordinator reports to the Deputy Director for Programs (DDP) and is based in Juba with regular travel to the field.Major Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the DDP, the WPE coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the technical aspects of the program implementation and coordination, providing support to program managers to develop work plans and guide implementation of approved grants. Specifically:Program Development:
• Design and coordinate the development of new proposals and initiatives for the IRC South Sudan WPE program in accordance with the country program strategic action plan, IRC program framework and IRC WPE strategies.
• Lead the development of sector budgets in coordination with grants and finance departments.
• Work collaboratively to integrate WPE with other program sectors where appropriate, specifically focusing on synergies with Health, Livelihood and Child Protection Departments.
• Work with DDP and the WPE team to strengthen the WPE sector in IRC South Sudan, defining the strategic direction of the WPE programming and establishing a Country Sector Strategy.
• Participate and provide inputs for the South Sudan strategic
• Liaise regularly with the relevant HQ technical units.
• Work with the GBV Sub-Cluster team and strengthen the coordination for the IRC in cluster TWGs.Program Management:
• Through regular field visits, support the program managers and field teams in the implementation and monitoring of the work plans ensuring that activities reflect the commitments IRC made to the donor and the community.
• With the support of the M&E Coordinator, develop and/or improve monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for the WPE program, ensuring that WPE teams in the field actively monitor set indicators and evolving concerns of the target communities.
• Review progress in achieving program objectives and targets in collaboration with the program managers.
• Draft and review internal and external reports for the WPE team, with support from WPE managers.
• In collaboration with program managers, review Budget vs. Actual reports for WPE programs monthly.
• Bring any over/under expenditure issues to the attention of the Field Coordinators/Managers and SMT in a timely manner and jointly develop corrective plans in collaboration with the DDP and the Grants team.
• Is an active part of the Country Emergency Team (CET) and Extended Senior Management Team (ESMT).Staff Management:
• Provide ongoing training and technical support and guidance to the WPE team in the field and in Juba and
ensure all WPE staff adhere to best-practice principles in all aspects of program implementation.
• Establish regular and direct communication lines with all the program managers.
• Conduct technical interviews of candidates for WPE program manager positions
• Work with Field Coordinators to ensure technical aspects of the Performance Management System documentation for the program managers is in place and followed up regularly.
• Support Field Coordinators to ensure that program managers put capacity development plans in place for the WPE teams based on documented capacity needs assessments exercise.Representation and Donor Relations:
• In coordination with the DDP actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in South Sudan including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
• Establish networks with UN, INGOs, and local partners to promote technical capacity and develop strategic partnerships.
• Participate in inter-agency WPE forums at national and international levels.
• Actively represent IRC in the GBV AOR SAG.
• Represent the WPE program with national authorities, non-state actors, UN agencies, NGOs, and donors.
• Upon request by the Senior Management Team, organize and facilitate field visits for stakeholders interested in IRC's WPE programming in South Sudan.Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Deputy Director for Programs
Position directly supervises: 9 WPE managersOther Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC-SS Technical Coordinators, Grants, Finance, HR and Supply Chain team, Field Coordinators, SMT. Interacts with IRC technical units and advisors at HQ level and with regional teams. Actively participate in global and regional WPE conferences, and leading sessions as required.
External: UN agencies, Donors, other non-governmental organizations, government bodies, inter-agency groups and clustersJob Qualifications:Education: Bachelor’s Degree required in international law, human rights law, international relations, social sciences, Psychology or other related field strongly preferred
• Minimum 5 years of experience in managing programs in the field of Women's Protection and Empowerment and GBV programming with previous experience working in a complex humanitarian context is a strong asset.
• Strong understanding of women's protection principles and likely protection concerns in the South Sudan
• Demonstrated experience in business development (including proposal writing) and in developing and managing budgets.
• Experience working with a diverse portfolio of donors and knowledge of specific donor guidelines (PRM, BHA, UN, SIDA, Irish Aid, etc.)
• Previous experience in partnership with local organization, providing capacity building and coaching and collaborating on project design and implementation.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• High degree of flexibility and ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines, Effective planning and organizational skills.
• Effective people and program management skills with the ability to train, lead and manage staff.
• Ability to travel to field location and be comfortable with basic living conditions
• Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English
Excellent written and spoken English required.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC WPE Coordinator Jobs in South Sudan
Find daily jobs in South Sudan. Jobs - South Sudan jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest South Sudan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in South Sudan.
Jobs in South Sudan - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in South Sudan.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in South Sudan posted and updated daily - click here!