IRC Technology Platform Specialist Jobs in Kenya
IRC Technology Platform Specialist Jobs in Kenya
Focused on Measurement technology support, the Technology Platform Specialist is a member of the team responsible for developing, implementing, and supporting IRC’s global technology tools and platform for the organization. This includes CommCare, Kobo, Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft SQL server Azure based data warehouse. Working in partnership with staff at various levels and locations, the Platform Specialist performs a key role in analyzing, developing, and improving tools and processes supplying to the successful rollout of the Technology for Measurement products
Specific tasks include technology implementation support, project configuration, technical assistance and issues routing, front line help desk application support, and participation in setting standards for processes, data quality, security, and systems configurations.
• Resolve support requests and handle further routing of support questions, issues, and risks within IT team and with the larger Measurement team.
• Ensure the technology tools and platform adhere to IRC systems standards and processes.
• On a project-by-project basis, provide guidance in digitizing paper-based forms, convert data to appropriate format and migrate data from existing sources (e.g., spreadsheets) into CommCare.
• Work with business partners including Project Advisors and Regional Technology support teams to gather and analyze requirements for data collection and data visualization tools!
• Develop and improve CommCare applications and Microsoft Power BI dashboards in-close collaboration with the Measurement Project Advisors to support toolkits development and rollout!
• Provide learning, mentorship and support to regions and countries in developing and/or improving CommCare applications and Microsoft Power BI dashboards per global standard requirements and standards.
• Provide Tier-2 and Tier-3 support emerging from Countries and Regional Technology support team for the products rolled out.
• In collaboration with the data engineers and data architect, capture requirements for data integration needs and transform data from various data sources that can be aligned and imported into the data warehouse.
• Participate in the design, implementation, and operation of data quality processes as they apply to the data platform
• Participate in the maintenance of systems and user documentation and advocate for improvements in infrastructure to support efficient operation of measurement technology offerings within the areas of operation
• Support standards for data protection, confidentiality and data security for the technology systems and collaborate with key teams in IT security and protection teams for guidance as needed
• At least five years of experience working in technology domain to develop and rollout technology products for
Program - out of which, at least three years of experience implementing, developing and supporting application such as CommCare application development, Kobo, and Microsoft Power BI dashboards development for large and complex programs
• Experienced in public sector programming, and M&E specific technology tools
• Ability to effectively communicate in English both in verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications
• Strong analytic curiosity and innovative problem-solving skills using a systems thinking approach
• Demonstrable ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional team structure
• Demonstrable ability to establish and maintain working relationships across all departments and levels of the organization
• Direct experience implementing programs or M&E in an international NGO context
• Experience working with enterprise grade systems implemented in multiple departments and countries to collect, store, and visualize data such as DHIS2 or similar
• Advanced level experience of MS Excel including developing macros and consolidating data from multiple Excel spreadsheets
• Experience with T-SQL and data modeling
• Experience working with Microsoft Azure SQL Server, Data Factory, SSIS or other ETL tools and data warehouse platforms
• Experience providing support for enterprise-level platforms with significant numbers of users across global time zones and varying IT infrastructure
• Familiarity with mobile data collection and/or case management tools such as Ona, Kobocat, OpenEMIS, OpenEMR or Microsoft PowerApps
• Experience with enterprise data architectures, integration, and master data management
• Ability to speak, read and understand one other language including French, Spanish and/or Arabic is a very strong advantage
• Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, this role may initially be working remotely and providing remote support. As travel restrictions lift, it is encouraged that the role will transition to an office environment
• Some international travel as needed
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Technology Platform Specialist Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.