IRC Senior Specialist Jobs in Kenya
IRC Senior Specialist Jobs in Kenya
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives.
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education and power.Job Overview/Summary
Are you passionate about using technology to improve monitoring and evaluation? We are growing our team to improve the use of technology in M&E in the Great Lakes region. Together we will develop and deploy new data tools, transition from paper to electronic data collection, and improve our data flows.Key ResponsibilitiesDeployment of Technologies for Data Collection
• Undertaking technology needs assessments for IRC programs.
• Designing and implementing project plans for countries/programs transitioning to new data collection tools.
• Configuration of non-standard project/program indicators in data collection tools.
• Ensuring data validation is well embedded in the structure of data collection tools.
• Collaborating with program, IT and supply chain teams to plan purchase of devices.
• System training and ongoing end-user support for IRC staff and partners.Supporting Data Management, Analysis and Visualization
• Working from standard XLSX and PBIX templates, setting up indicator database and dashboard for visualizing M&E data.
• Providing training to M&E staff on indicator databases and dashboards.
• Undertaking data quality
assessments for current databases.
• Migration or transformation of existing project or country level data into standard data structures.Understanding User Needs and Ensuring these Needs Are Well Understood Throughout the Team
• Gathering user feedback on data tools during and after deployment.
• Participating in requirements capturing and user acceptance testing (UAT) for new tools.
• Sharing user feedback with colleagues in IT and other team feedback.Requirements
• At least 5 years of professional experience, including with technology tools used in humanitarian/development industry.
• Proven experience in configuring and deploying technological platforms including CommCare, Kobo Collect, PowerBI, SQL Server and/or Power Apps.
• Experience providing technology support to clients and colleagues.
• Knowledge of standard methodologies in database design.
• Experience in delivering trainings and capacity building.
• Able to work independently and efficiently in a multifaceted and fast-paced environment.
• Bilingual: Fluent in French and English.Preferred Requirements
• Experience working in humanitarian development, government or other organization that focus on serving clients with technology.
• Experience of requirements analysis.
• Experience of participating in User Acceptance Testing for new IT systemsHow to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Senior Specialist Jobs in Kenya Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!