IRC Regional HR Director, Great Lakes Region Jobs in Kenya
IRC Regional HR Director, Great Lakes Region Jobs in Kenya The Regional HR Director will lead and facilitate the development of a highly effective, strategic HR function in the Great Lakes region (currently DRC, Tanzania, Burundi, CAR) that ensures the organization has the structure, culture and talent needed to deliver on program goals and effectively serve its clients.
This individual will direct the delivery of key HR services and infrastructure in line with IRC strategy for efficient and effective services at multiple levels.
They will drive the implementation and adaptation of HR global initiatives and practices across the region.
She or he will serve as advisor and counsel to maximize staffing resources and performance, ensure efficiency of work processes, and contain institutional risk.
S/he will model the organizational values of integrity, accountability, service and equality and will support colleagues to understand and live these values in their working lives.
• Direct and supervise the collaborative development of annual human resource strategies and plans in the areas of workforce planning; recruitment; diversity, equality & inclusion, with a particular focus on gender equality and supporting the career paths of local and regional leadership teams so they reflect the communities in which IRC works; performance improvement; HR capacity development; employee engagement; and staff care.
• Evaluate and facilitate HR functional capacity and service delivery for the region. Build knowledge, expertise, and capacity of the HR and management team.
• Lead the regional planning and implementation of global HR initiatives. Ensure effective adaptation at all levels and compliance with the spirit and intent of labor regulations and donor requirements. Solicit feedback and suggested improvements.
• Direct development and delivery of training and capacity building efforts, using e-learning and remote management. Identify and engage internal and external resources to provide timely and effective technical assistance. Coordinate and deliver HR trainings and workshops.
• Collaborate with and contribute to the Regional Team, including through effective participation in regular meetings and joint work streams.
• Collaborate with regional leadership to identify gaps in the regional structure while ensuring timely hiring and development of the right talent. Focus on increasing the representation of local talent, particularly women, in senior positions.
• Travel to the countries in Great Lakes (as conditions allow) as and when needed to provide in-person HR leadership, support, technical trainings and/or management of special projects.
• Provide HR support to all regional staff including technical HR advice in response to policy inquiries, orientation, employee relations issues and exit management.
• Lead, empower and mentor the HR team, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely constructive performance feedback, and leading documented semi-annual performance reviews, inspiring maximum potential.
• Work with management and HR teams to promote data-driven decision-making, particularly through country and regional scorecard discussions
• Support investigations upon instructions from IRC’s Ethics and Compliance Unit.
• 10 to 15 years of progressive professional HR experience with a minimum of 5 years as a regional manager or director or equivalent education and experience.
• Demonstrated success providing HR counsel to groups of 1,000+ employees at multiple organizational levels, cultures and locations within a regional or global environment strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated success as an HR professional in emergency response, conflict zones and/or humanitarian sector preferred.
• Demonstrated success in supporting key senior management and building strong, trusted relationships.
• Deep commitment to fostering equality in the workplace, with experience in establishing a supportive workplace for women and other under-represented groups, and accelerating their professional development.
• Excellent management and leadership skills including coaching, mentoring, performance management and delivering individual and group training.
• Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development
• Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who can work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units required
• Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment and on deadline; aptitude for problem solving and decision making needed
• Superb inter-personal, written and verbal communication skills required.
• Fluency in French and English; Swahili, Kirundi or Sango an advantage
• Must possess a highly collaborative, inclusive, consultative and resourceful workstyle that balances required compliance/policy enforcement with a steadfast commitment to client service and staff support
• Excellent project management and organizational skills including detailed work planning and superior time management skills
• Ability to work independently supporting and partnering with teams with significant regional location distribution
• Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; HRIS-knowledgeable
• Ability to travel 25-50% within the region and other locations for conferences, sometimes on short notice
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Regional HR Director, Great Lakes Region Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.