IRC Nutrition Assistant Jobs in Uganda
IRC Nutrition Assistant Jobs in Uganda
Job Description Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala and Kiryandongo settlement. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region.
By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development – bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in the districts of Kitgum, Lamwo, Arua, Yumbe, Kyegegwa, Kiryandongo, Kyaka and Kampala including 7 districts in Karamoja region.
The Nutrition Assistant will be reporting to the Nutrition officer and will be based in Imvepi/Rhino refugee settlement and shall be responsible for providing health education talks, screening to children, women and their partners in the health facility and in the community on nutrition related issues.
S/he will provide anthropometric assessment, recording, referral and linking clients to respective service points and shall maintain environment friendly working space hence adhering to infection control and prevention practices. S/he will provide nutrition services including but not limited to counseling, linkage and preparing treatment for the clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Will be supporting the admissions of severe malnutrition cases following properly laid down standards.
• Prepare and feeding of severely malnourished patients under observation in the inpatient wards.
• Will be responsible for case management of malnutrition patients on follow-ups and those on ward
and ensure that all routine medications are administered appropriately.
• To counsel and advise in-patients/follow-ups/parents/guardians on proper care and nutrition at home.
• Designing of special diets for therapeutic purposes.
• Participate in community outreaches and research activities.
• Plan and prepare mentorship sessions/CMEs for health workers.
• To carry out home visits as a follow up on discharged patients to ensure adherence of the clients on the nutrition programme.
• Participate in screening at the triage of children under the age of five to monitor and ensure early detection of malnutrition cases.
• Support the EPI department through carrying out routine growth monitoring activities and ensuring that all malnourished children have child health cards.
• Ensure that all the stored food supplements are safe and free from contamination and theft and the store is clean all the time.
• Ensure the kitchen for preparation of therapeutic milk for severely malnourished children and the surrounding environment is clean, hygienic and well maintained.
• Prepare and submit the nutrition reports for both the in patients and out patients as guided by the nutrition officer.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Diploma in human nutrition and dietetics from recognized institution.
• Relevant working experience of two years.
• Must be registered with relevant profession body.
• Having concern for quality and standards, and ethics and integrity.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to enhance good interpersonal relationship.
• Good report writing skills.
• Good knowledge and application of Microsoft word, Excel and Power Point.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Nutrition Assistant Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.