IRC MEAL Coordinator - Jobs in Nigeria
IRC MEAL Coordinator - Jobs in Nigeria
The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations. IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi, Michika and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri, Monguno and Bama in Borno state and Damatru of Yobe State. Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security & livelihoodsJob Overview
This a strategic role in IRC Nigeria that works closely with the country program teams to improve program quality, providing technical leadership, coordination and strategic support to program design, planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability, learning and partnership commitments in line with Strategy 100 impact goal and data ambition. Core responsibilities includes ensuring IRC Nigeria and its partners has a strong MEAL system in place, implemented as intended and reported to support program technical coordinators, managers and implementing partners to deliver desired outcomes and impacts.Main responsibilitiesStrategic Leadership and Partnership
• Establish and drive common strategies and approaches to the country’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning processes that reflect and contextualize Strategy 100 and the Country Strategic Action Plan and ensure that the MEAL structure is fit for this purpose.
• Lead all aspects of MEAL (including client feedback mechanisms) functions across multiple sectors and multiple geographical areas/ large portfolio and or complex environment.
• Develop, coordinate, and strengthen capacity sharing partnerships with MEAL counterparts of partner agencies, local organizations, and government.
• Represent the IRC on MEAL at internal and external meetings, forums, and other events.
• Champion design, access and use of data by leaders and partners for shared learning and evidence-based decision-making.
• Shape and implement MEAL systems and approaches that meet IRC standards and practices, that meet project and program needs, enable accountability to clients, partners, and donors, and foster program learning.
• Reinforce integration of cross-sectoral priorities in MEAL, including gender, protection, safeguarding, disaster risk reduction, Diversity-Equality-Inclusion and Do No Harm.
• Work with country leadership and program team to promote a program quality culture and evidence-based decision making in programming within IRC and its partners
• For IRC cross-cutting Nigeria MEAL priorities, design, resource and deliver task specific action plans in collaboration with Program Coordinators and the SMT. Plans need communicate to key IRC stakeholders’ requirements for budget, people, systems and technical support, alongside risk mitigation strategies. Technical Oversight
• Technically support IRC Nigeria to meet impact goal and data ambition set out in Strategic Action Plan (SAP 2022 - 2024 and IRC’s global Measurement and Client Responsiveness Units’ standards and practices for improving monitoring practice and use of data within the organization.
• Technical oversight for development of rigorous MEAL systems and processes and ensure periodic and systematic learning in informing program design and adaptation for IRC and partners.
• Advocate, resource and provide strategic technical leadership and oversight for the standardized digitization of all IRC Nigeria dataflows, whenever possible using mobile data technology and the automated presentation of data in online dashboards to enhance timeliness and quality of data collection, analysis and visualization.
• Provide technical leadership to IRCs effort in meeting its internal and external accountability commitments through the implementation of sound accountability, client feedback and response mechanisms
• Provide technical leadership and coordination for strong monitoring system and processes throughout the project cycle from the design, implementation to close-out and learning including:
o Using learning and evidence from internal and external sources including previous projects to inform proposal design and Theory of Change.
o Developing and operationalizing, logical frameworks, MEAL plans, data collection tools, processes for data management, clients feedback approaches, quality checks and audits, and data visualization.
o Developing and advocating for adequate MEAL budget and staffing structure for all projects.
o Producing high-quality data, analysis, reports, presentations, and dashboard of key findings that foster learning and decision-making and share in key meetings such as project cycle meetings and strategic senior management team
• Provide technical oversight and coordination and support for surveys, assessments, and other discrete learning activities, and building related staff and partners competencies through
o Providing supports to sector leads and support staff to develop the TORs for needs assessments and surveys.
o Provide supports to sector leads and support staff to develop detailed work plans and budgets for needs assessment and survey activities.
o Assist in selecting/defining the sampling strategy.
o Provide supports to sector leads and support staff to clean and conduct descriptive analysis of needs assessment and survey data.
o Responsible for conducting advanced analysis (inferential statistics) of needs assessment and survey data.
o Provide the MEAL inputs for needs assessment and survey report writing.
o Provides inputs from survey and assessment data for tracking of overall progress on projects, programs, and strategic priorities Job Requirements:
Education: A University degree in a relevant subject area (statistics, monitoring & data management, social science, public health, economic development, or a related field) – a technical degree together with additional relevant work experience may substitute for education.Work Experience:
• Minimum four (4) years of international MEAL management experience within the development/ humanitarian sector, at least 2 of which are at management level preferably in Africa.
• Nationals with the required skills and experience in country MEAL Management are encouraged to apply, international experience not needed rather a strong demonstrated capacity in MEAL Management in complex environment will be an added advantage
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
• Leadership experience and proven technical skills in setting up quality M&E/MEAL system that leads to evidence-based decision-making for multi-sectorial and multi-donor funded programs.
• Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods together with strong presentation and reporting skills;
• Strong management and social skills and proven track record to work with diverse groups of people in a multicultural environment.
• Self-motivated with excellent organization, planning, and analytical skills - able to work without close supervision, including prioritizing work and multi-tasking.
• Proficiency and experience with mobile data collection such as Kobo, CommCare, ODK Collect are crucial as well as proficiency with Microsoft Excel, SPSS, SATA, or other similar software.
• Knowledge of Tableau, PowerBi or GIS software are additional assets.
• A strong understanding of accountability and proven ability to build Client Feedback Systems is a distinct advantage.
• Willingness to travel to various regional and field-level offices - (50%).
• Fluency in English (written and speaking) in addition to Language (specify which language/s and fluency level are required).Languages:
• English is a MUST.
• Knowledge of languages spoken in northeast Nigeria (Hausa and Kanuri) is an advantageComputer/Other Tech Requirements:
• Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent database, data management and data analysis skills, with strong experience using software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Access, SPSS, STATA.
• Proven knowledge and experience of designing and delivering digitised and automated MEAL dataflows using CommCare and Power Bi, or similar software, and experience of GIS mapping is preferred.
Ability to Travel: 50% field travel to locations where IRC has presence in Nigeria How to apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC MEAL Coordinator Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Daily Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobs in Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!