IRC INEE Coordinator: Distance Education Jobs in Kenya
IRC INEE Coordinator: Distance Education Jobs in Kenya
INEE is recruiting a Coordinator for Distance Education, who will be responsible for coordinating the INEE Reference Group on Distance Education. The Coordinator will also support other network activities, including producing tools, providing technical support, and generally advising the network on the topic of distance education in emergencies.
This is a new full-time, salaried position. The Coordinator will be hired and hosted by the International Rescue Committee and work as a member of the INEE Secretariat. The Coordinator will work closely with all members of the INEE Secretariat, and will report to the Senior Coordinator for Communications. Preferred start date is 1 November 2020.
Who we are
The Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) is an open global network of more than 17,000 members who work together within a humanitarian and development framework to ensure all persons the right to quality and safe education in emergencies and post-crisis recovery. The network improves communication and coordination among its members by cultivating and facilitating collaborative relationships and creating opportunities and space for sharing knowledge, developing resources, informing policy, building capacity, and undertaking joint advocacy. Find out more at inee.org.
Network Space: INEE Reference Group on Distance Education (RGDE)
● Assist in establishing the new reference group, including recruiting, selecting, and onboarding members. (Note: The new reference group is being established beginning in September 2020; the new Coordinator will take over as soon as they are on board.).
● Convene the reference group through regular meetings, email correspondence, and platform communications; lead the group to establish frequency of meetings and communications protocols.
● Facilitate the development and implementation of the reference group workplan.
● Coordinate activities and events prioritized by the reference group.
● Ensure quality communications and consistent follow-up with and between the reference group and the INEE Secretariat, and other INEE network spaces and initiatives.
● Manage and track the drafting, copy editing, translation, design, and printing of materials generated by the reference group.
● Recruit and manage consultants and interns to assist the reference group and INEE Secretariat in projects and initiatives related to distance education.
● Provide regular reports on activities and achievements of the reference group to the INEE Secretariat, INEE Steering Group, donors, and INEE membership.
Technical Support - Distance Education
● Engage as a technical expert and global advocate on distance education in emergencies.
● Provide technical input to and review network products and deliverables, including tools, learning materials, trainings, and publications.
● Assist the INEE technical support unit on relevant requests, including providing direct support and/or linking members to relevant resources and experts.
● Moderate discussion channels and peer-to-peer communications on relevant topics.
● Manage relevant content on the INEE website through regular additions and updates to pages, resources, resource collections, blogs, news, events, etc.
● Provide technical and substantive support for relevant INEE and partner events and forums, such as policy roundtables, discussion forums, global consultations, web events, and the strategic planning process.
● Provide general support
to grant processes, including drafting and reviewing grant proposals and reports, including leading on narrative donor reporting for grants supporting relevant activities.
● Provide general support to the INEE Secretariat as requested.
INEE recognizes that experience comes in a variety of forms and is willing to consider candidates with a range of backgrounds. We are a small, high-performing staff and the ideal candidate must fit into our fast-paced, mission-aligned, globally-dispersed team. This requires a self-starter who will thrive working together with a team and independently, is willing to dive into new projects, and eager to contribute in a wide variety of ways. A successful candidate will have the following personal and professional traits:
● Passion for the INEE mission and driving positive social change
● Humility and ability to “roll up your sleeves” and jump in
● Relationship-driven focus
● High value for diversity and inclusion
● Commitment to a learning mindset
● Collaborative culture builder
● 3-6 years of relevant professional experience
● Proven technical expertise in distance education in emergencies
● Knowledge and experience in the field of education in emergencies and the humanitarian sector
● Experience coordinating networks, member-based organizations, or other inter-agency communities of practice
● Experience convening action-oriented groups of diverse stakeholders, including UN agencies, donors, NGOs, and governments
● Strong organization skills, attention to detail, the ability to manage complex projects and deadlines
● Strong interpersonal communication, and presentation skills
● Excellent speaking and writing in English, with a strong preference for candidates with additional fluency in French, Spanish, Portuguese, and/or Arabic
● Excellent analytical and writing skills and demonstrated ability to draft briefs, reports, syntheses, etc.
● Ability to manage resource development, including collating feedback and managing publication process, from copy-editing, translation, and design
● Able and willing to work highly independently, with limited daily supervision, and also in collaboration with globally dispersed colleagues and partners
● Comfortable in entrepreneurial and nimble environment, working as a resourceful, flexible team member who can wear many hats as needed to meet objectives
● Able to learn and develop new skills
● Willing to travel
● This role may require working remotely full or part-time. Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace where they can effectively complete their work during regularly scheduled work hours.
● Some international travel, as required and able, up to 10%
● This position will preferably be based in Africa, Latin America, or the Middle East.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC INEE Coordinator: Distance Education Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.