IRC - Deputy Director of Operations Jobs in Uganda
IRC - Deputy Director of Operations Jobs in Uganda
The Deputy Director, Operations (DDO) plays a key role in the overall leadership and management of the IRC Uganda program.
Strategic Planning and Business Development
• Lead the implementation of the Country Strategic Action Plan (SAP) as it relates to Operations.
• Lead the implementation of operations excellence program (Scorecards) identifying improvement priorities and developing action plans.
• Work with CD and DDP to identify opportunities for program expansion.
• Ensure all new proposals receive thorough Operations review and that appropriate support cost and country program asset needs are budgeted for.
Administration & Supply Chain
• Ensuring that the Supply Chain team meets the needs of the programs in a timely manner and does so in accordance with IRC policies and procedures,
• Direct supervision of the Supply Chain Coordinator and oversight of all Supply Chain staff,
• Verify that Administration & Supply Chain policies and procedures are documented, disseminated and consistently applied across the country program.
• Ensure that compliance monitoring processes are developed and effectively implemented.
• Ensure that all leased properties conform to health and safety standards;
• Assist the Administration & Supply Chain staff in developing and managing appropriate coordination mechanisms to ensure that all operational units are interacting well with each other, as well as with the Regional Unit, Global Supply Chain (GSC), the Country Office, across different field sites, and other IRC support entities.
• Assist supply chain staff in partnering effectively and cooperatively with other units to improve planning and resource utilization. Work with program staff to ensure procurement planning and identification of operational support needs.
• Ensure full proactive involvement of key processes with the finance department including Budget Versus Actual (BVA) report input and necessary information for operational budget accuracy.
• In collaboration with the Finance Controller, HR Coordinator, Deputy Director Programs and CD, ensure systems are streamlined between HR, Administration, Supply Chain, Finance and Programs.
• Provide input including operational risk analysis and recommendations to the Country Director and Finance Controller related to operations spending and effectiveness of in-country reporting and planning systems.
• Provide support to all field and program teams to ensure all field offices are functioning efficiently and transparently and in compliance with IRC procurement guidelines.
• Supervise the IT Department
• Manage the Information Communications Technology (ICT) Manager.
• Verify that information technology policies and procedures are documented, disseminated and consistently applied across the country program.
• Ensure that IT compliance monitoring processes are developed and effectively implemented.
• Support the IT staff to provide top-tier and effective IT services and support to the Country Office and across all field sites.
Safety and Security
Overall management of safety and security, including:
Ensuring the risks IRC staff face in their work environment are mitigated against to the degree feasible given the context,
Ensuring Security Management Plan and SOP are in place, kept current and implemented by all staff at all times,
Ensuring that contextual and scenario analysis are update regularly and shared with the wider management team,
• Supervise the Safety and Security Manager, and oversee the performance of all Safety and Security staff,
• Ensure that the SS Manager works closely with Regional and Global Security related teams,
• Ensure that Safety and Security is factored into program design and implementation, including but not limited to ensure the timely collection and sharing of relevant information,
• Ensuring all staff can access relevant safety and security trainings in a timely manner.
Field Office Management and Control
• Provide oversight and guidance to Field Coordinators based in field offices. This support should focus upon all aspects of field office control and efficiency.
• Work in collaboration with the Safety and Security Manager to ensure that field staff are well trained and operating in compliance with the Security Management Plan. Provide management support and oversight to the Field Coordinators in implementing security policies and procedures.
• Participate in the development and/or review of new proposals, operating plans and strategic plans ensuring that the views of field
staff are captured and reflected wherever appropriate.
• Ensure all new proposals have received thorough Operations review and appropriate operations platform is maintained
• Develop and maintain a system that effectively captures performance data field offices sites. Work with the SMT to proactively identify, analyze and respond to trends either through reinforcement or corrective action.
• Participate in the development and/or review of new proposals, operating plans and strategic plans ensuring that the views of field staff are captured and reflected wherever appropriate.
Financial Planning and Cost Control – in coordination with the Finance Controller
• Provide input to the CD on potential areas of concern related to: operations spending; effectiveness of in-country reporting and planning systems; and Field/Program Coordinators oversight of expenditures and adherence to financial requirements.
• Review operating budget and strategy planning as part of the annual fiscal year and budget reforecast processes prior to HQ submission and periodically throughout the fiscal year.
• As requested by the Country Director, provide input to audit issues and corrective action plans.
Programs Support, Strategy and Business Development
• Work with the Country Director (CD) and Deputy Director of Programs (DDP) to identify opportunities for program expansion and to support the development of funding proposals.
• Work with the CD and DDP on the Country Program Strategic Planning process.
• Provide added support to program coordinators as required.
• Ensure all new proposals and budgets have received an Operations review and adjustments made as necessary to cost elements and operations design.
Coordination & Representation
• Serve as an active member of the country program’s Senior Management Team and occasionally deputize for the Country Director when he/she is out of the country or on leave.
• Ensure proactive communication within the Regional Safety and Security Advisor, Regional Unit, HQ Support Departments and NY offices as appropriate.
Staff Management, Learning & Development
• Coach, train, supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting quarterly performance objectives, providing regular and timely positive and constructive performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
• Hold high-quality meetings with each direct report on a regular and predictable basis, at least bi-weekly.
• Provide a measurable development plan including on-the-job learning with the aim of strengthening technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing guidance on career paths.
• Promote and monitor staff care, well-being and self-care; approve and manage all time, attendance and leave requests to ensure adequate departmental coverage.
• Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s country and Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
• As part of succession plan and nationalization goals, identify, train and develop capability and capacity of a national staff to successfully transition role and responsibilities, by end of assignment
• Six or more year’s progressive management and leadership experience with an International NGO.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant management or technical field.
• Experience managing country program teams with a diverse portfolio; knowledge of major donors (including USAID/OFDA/PRM, ECHO/EC, DFID, UN Agencies).
• Strong background in Supply Chain, Logistics, Administration.
• Experience in IT is strongly preferred.
• Experience managing Security in a hostile environment.
• Excellent leadership, people management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to develop harmonious teams in cross cultural context.
• Strong diplomatic skills. Ability to establish good working relationships with partners, donors and other stakeholders in a sensitive environment.
• Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• English fluency required.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC - Deputy Director of Operations Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.