IRC Deputy Chief of Party Jobs in South Sudan
IRC Deputy Chief of Party Jobs in South Sudan
The IRC has a well-structured operational base in South Sudan. IRC is operating in eight field sites in South Sudan, covering four of the former ten states. With two offices in Northern Bahr el Ghazal (Aweil East and South), four offices in Unity State (Jamjang, Bentiu, Ganyliel and Nyal), one office in Rumbek town covering the whole of Lakes, and one field office in Central Equatoria (Juba) for urban programming together with the South Sudan Country program office.
The IRC has been one of the largest providers of aid in the region of South Sudan for over 25 years, delivering emergency relief and post-conflict assistance since 1989. Today, the IRC provides services for more than 900,000 people across the country, delivering lifesaving care and life-changing assistance.
The IRC is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID-funded Integrated Youth Support Activity (IYSA) in South Sudan. The three-year IYSA will implement a Youth Corps model and support South Sudanese communities to develop, promote and strengthen the skills and assets of youth, and to create an enabling environment for the youth to be productive and positively contribute to their communities.
IYSA will support and empower at-risk and out-of-school youth to gain the necessary skills they need to lead productive lives, gain employment, and positively contribute to their communities by
Increasing access to functional literacy, numeracy, soft skills, and life skills programs for at-risk and out of school youth,
Expanding entrepreneurial, employment and vocational opportunities for youth;
Empowering adolescent and youth to make informed reproductive health decisions;
Improving conflict resolution skills and engagement needed to enable youth to peacefully pursue livelihood opportunities.
The DCOP will be responsible for supporting the Chief of Party (COP) in management of staff, capacity building and stakeholder engagement. Coordinate the development, implementation and reporting on detailed management plans that may include implementation plans, deliverable tracking, etc., in assigned area of responsibility. Manage implementing partners and oversee operations. This position is contingent on the IRC being awarded funding and is anticipated to begin in 2022.
• Support the COP in providing strategic and technical leadership and direction, defining and implementing activities to achieve the greatest impact toward project goals and objectives; serve as Acting COP in COP’s
• Provide financial and operational management that optimizes resources through sound budgets, consistent financial tracking, and timely submission of reports to the donor.
• Ensure project delivery meets all standard operational policies and procedures;
• Manage consortium partnerships and maintain collaborative partner relations;
• Support reporting to USAID through both formal and informal debriefings, annual and semi-annual reports;
• Assist COP in maintaining active and cooperative relationships with all key stakeholders, including government officials, project partners, other implementing agencies, and related institutions;
• Represent the project and the organization in public, as assigned, and support the distribution of information about project achievements and lesson learned;
• Support project staff by creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes teamwork, trust, mutual respect, and empowers staff to take responsibility.
Advanced degree (PhD or MA) from an accredited university in social sciences, international development, or related field; equivalent experience may be substituted for graduate degree;
At least seven years of experience in managerial roles on similar programs in developing countries, including substantial supervisory experience. Experience with projects focused on economic recovery and positive youth development programming.
Significant previous experience managing operations for similar programming in conflict or crisis situations;
Experience working in the South Sudan or within the East African region on economic recovery and positive youth development programming required
Previous experience as DCOP of USAID-funded programs preferred;
Substantial experience managing subgrantees required;
Strong negotiation skills and the ability to develop relations with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders;
Demonstrated innovation and success in staff capacity-building and in participatory, flexible, and gender-sensitive programming and implementation;
Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
Fluency in English required; proficiency in Arabic strongly preferred.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Deputy Chief of Party Jobs in South Sudan
Find daily jobs in South Sudan. Jobs - South Sudan jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest South Sudan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in South Sudan.
Jobs in South Sudan - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in South Sudan.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in South Sudan posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.