IRC Data Clerk Jobs in Uganda
IRC Data Clerk Jobs in UgandaJob Overview/Summary: Under the guidance and supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Data Clerk will be based in the field-Health Facility or field Office and shall be responsible for providing smooth flow and access to information through records management for action and decision making.
S/he will record data, provide guidance on data recording, compilation, use, reporting and management.
S/he will produce and submit Periodic health activity reports. .
• The Data clerk will be responsible for compiling data collected within Health departments as he /she works alongside the M&E officer Arua. Main duties shall include among entering data in databases and maintaining accurate records of the sector, managing office stock, ensuring proper filling of HIS/HMIS forms. Our ideal candidate must have essential data entry skills, fast typing with an eye for detail and familiarity with spreadsheets.
• Ensure the use of standard MoH/Donor data tools and reporting Forms
• Facilitate smooth flow and access to information through records management for action and decision making.
• Guidance on data recording, use, reporting and management.
• Periodic reports submitted.
Key Activities and Outputs
• Ensure availability and use of Standard/revised HMIS/HIS data tools at all departments of the health facility.
• Providing guidance on use of the HMIS/HIS data tools to ensure completeness, consistency, and correctness in filling the registers.
• Promptly provide data on notifiable/integrated disease surveillance and response.
• Prepare and timely entry of daily, weekly and monthly data from all facilities for making reports.
• Provide feedback to the facility staff on health service provision for decision making.
• Enter data into the electronic database.
• Imparting knowledge and skills to staff by organizing mentor-ships and review meetings on data management.
• Participate in capacity building activities (Trainings, Orientations, Mentorship, meetings etc).
• Adhering to Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Position directly supervises: None
Internal contacts: Health Facility in-charge, Heads of Facility departments, Health Information Assistants and staff.
External contacts: Works with the Health Sub-district facility in-charges and other IPs.
• Diploma or certificate in Medical records and Health Management Information System from a recognized, licensed and accredited institution with at least one year of progressive experience in health record management –Essential.
• Applied Knowledge in use of HMIS/HIS data tools.
• Good Computer skills including Ms Excel, Power Point and Word
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Minimum 1 year work experience in a busy health setting.
• Ability to completely record, accurately compile and Produce timely reports.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in hardship areas (previous experience in a camp setting will be an added advantage).
• Flexible and able to work with team in a dynamic and diverse environment.
• Good standard of spoken and written English Language.
• Ability to speak any of the languages spoken in South Sudan is an added advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Data Clerk Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.