IRC Consortium Team Leader – MMC/Jere BHA Project Jobs in Nigeria
IRC Consortium Team Leader – MMC/Jere BHA Project Jobs in Nigeria
The Consortium Team Leader will oversee the “Integrated Emergency, Recovery and Resilience Response for Crisis- Affected Persons in MMC and Jere” project, funded by USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA), and implemented from March 2022 through February 2024 by a consortium led by the International Rescue Committee (IRC) in partnership with Danish Refugee Council (DRC) and Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC).
Through this project, the consortium aims to leverage the expertise of each partner to deliver an integrated emergency, recovery and resilience area-based response in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC) and Jere local government areas (LGAs) in Borno State, Nigeria by providing integrated services to conflict affected persons across the following sectors: Health, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Nutrition, Food Assistance, Multi-purpose Cash Assistance (MPCA), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (ERMS), Protection and Shelter and Settlements. Job Overview
The Consortium Team Leader will provide overall leadership, management, and the strategic vision to the implementation for the “Integrated Emergency, Recovery and Resilience Response for Crisis-affected Persons in MMC and Jere LGAs, Borno State, Nigeria” project and ensure effective collaboration with all consortium members implementing the project over the 24 month project period.
S/he will provide high quality coordination, analysis, and strategic directions to the implementation of the project to the Consortium Management Team, Steering Committee, Government Stakeholders, and other partners in ensuring the delivery of the project objectives, on time delivery and targets within budget and high-level accountability to beneficiaries.
S/he will supervise key consortium program team members (as detailed further below) to ensure accountability for the project and donor rules and regulations. S/he will effectively manage project processes and systems according to IRC and donor standards in coordination with relevant teams and organizations.Major ResponsibilitiesTechnical Quality Assurance and Strategic Oversight
• Provide overall technical leadership, financial oversight, strategic vision of implementation and operational management of the program
• Provide high quality leadership, coordination and strategic vision to the consortium, with hands on management ensuring program activities achieve the greatest coverage and impact possible, coordinated inputs and technical/managerial quality and programming that is data driven and adapts and changes with the context.
• In coordination and collaboration with IRC MEAL Coordinator work with the consortium to develop and ensure a strong MEAL system in place for the consortium that adheres to program quality standards and procedures
• Ensure that through area-based approach there is optimal delivery of a comprehensive package of essential cross sectoral services to the targeted beneficiaries
• Lead the harmonization of approach by the consortium, e.g case management referrals, registration, modality selection, referrals, etc.
• Lead the strategic coordination with government services and systems
• Mobilize and ensure transparent and constructive communication with Consortium partners and IRC management in responding to donor requests
• Support the implementation of IRC’s Partnership (PEER) system across all areas of sub-award management of consortium partners.Program Management, Implementation Oversight and Compliance
• Lead and ensure quality of Project Cycle Meetings throughout project period, including ensuring that opening, implementation, learning and close-out meetings are planned and conducted in a timely manner with full participation of the consortium and all relevant stakeholders/staff
• Provide leadership to the consortium for timely and high-quality implementation of programs, and promote regular reviews of program progress - both internal and external - and budget spending (i.e., through tracking spending plans, BvA meetings, etc).
• Responsible for project management, oversees the implementation, follow up and effective monitoring of IRC and partners’ Program work, expenditure, M&E and procurement plans, organizing, among others, joint and regular monitoring and review meetings, assessing progress and proactively identifying challenges and solutions in order to attain program outcomes.
• Monitors the use of the budget and ensure sound financial management and the use of funds;
• Actively contributes to the development and review of program approaches, making concrete recommendations for changes in partners' activities, approaches, and areas of action as appropriate.
• Ensure that programs and partnerships are implemented in compliance with BHA regulations as well as IRC internal policies and procedures
closely with the Grants Managers to ensure that the consortium partners understand key compliance for donors and IRC internal rules and regulations, and any red flags are addressed immediately
• Conduct frequent field visits to all project sites for monitoring, quality control and program staff mentoring and coaching
• Ensure the production of clear and quality donor reports, both narrative and financial, by the consortiumPromote Project Learning and Analysis
• Create an environment of continued learning, encouraging innovation and auto-critical analysis, capitalizing on lessons learned to inform programmatic and strategic decisions and contributes to the knowledge base of the sectors covered by the program.
• Work with the M&E team to build and foster a culture of learning and reflection that uses data to design and adapt programs.
• Coordinate with other BHA consortium in MMC/Jere for key assessments and learnings
• Take lead to ensure there is harmonization of surveys or assessment by the consortium with other BHA consortium partners in MMC/Jere especially for food assistance (FA) and multipurpose cash assistance (MPCA).
• Collaborate with other BHA consortium in MMC/Jere for key learnings and best practices within the consortium and other donor consortiumsJob RequirementsEducation:
• Master or equivalent experience in development studies, international relations, Humanitarian Assistance, Political Sciences, Social Administration, or other relevant degrees etc.Work Experience:
• Minimum of 10 years of progressive senior management experience in managing integrated, multi sectoral programs in humanitarian and development program
• Demonstrated and strong experience managing a consortium of international NGOs as Team Leader or Project Director level
• Demonstrated experience in Area Based Approach to programming
• Experience in managing USAID funded program is strongly preferred
• Should possess minimum 7 years of international assignments experiences in humanitarian and development work
• National candidates are also encouraged to apply and should have minimum of 10 years of experience in senior management role
• Demonstrated experience and ability to build and maintain relationships with governments, technical line ministries, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, private sectors and partners
• Experience working in Sub Saharan Africa especially in West AfricaDemonstrated Technical Skills
• Provide high quality leadership and strategic vision to the consortium, with hands on management ensuring program activities achieve the greatest coverage and impact possible, coordinated inputs and technical/managerial quality and programming that is data driven and adapts and changes with the context
• Demonstrated experience in program management, project design and use of project design toolsDemonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies:
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to build and maintain good relationship with people in wide range and levels of organizations (consortiums, government, private sector, NGOs etc).
• Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
• Ability to handle a large and dynamic workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Delivers quality results for clients, partners and colleagues.Languages:Fluency in English (spoken and written)
Computer/Other Tech Requirements:
• Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Consortium Team Leader – MMC/Jere BHA Project Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobs in Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!