IRC Compliance Coordinator Jobs in Nigeria
IRC Compliance Coordinator Jobs in Nigeria
Job Overview/Summary The Compliance Coordinator will support the Country Director and senior staff to oversee ethics and compliance related functions across the country program.
The core purpose of the role is:
To build a safe and compliant working environment within IRC, through proactive prevention initiatives to reduce wrongdoing and timely, coordinated action where behavior is suspected to be inconsistent with IRC values and policies.
Prevention: Create a safe and compliant environment
• In coordination with and under the guidance and direction of the Country Director and the Global Ethics and Compliance Unit, act as focal point for the local integration of IRC Organizational Policies and co-ordinate a training and awareness programme for staff on ethics and compliance issues.
• Ensure compliance to applicable Nigerian laws and donor guidelines and regulations governing grants.
• Participate in grant start up and closure meetings for grants.
• Conduct compliance reviews as appropriate, prepare reports for the SMT and ensure that recommendations are implemented.”.
• Follow up with Unit heads/BHs in ensuring timely response to compliance audit requirements and recommendation.
• Partnership management – oversee the transparent selection process of the partners, the reviews and evaluation the processes. Review the partners agreements or contract and ensuring compliance to IRC policies and procedures.
• Provide on need basis, capacity building and trainings to partners or sub recipients on compliance.
• Actively monitor the status of mitigation measures to be implemented by the Country Program related to its Enterprise Risk
Management Risk Report Card
• Using a range of innovative strategies to promote a culture of ethical and compliant behaviours across all sites.
• Promote a culture of reporting on ethics and compliance concerns, providing appropriate feedback to staff, partners, and complainants, working closely to ensure support and follow up is provided.
• Work with Safeguarding focal point(s), HR, and local staff to ensure implementation of IRC’s global safeguarding strategy.
Misconduct Allegations and Investigations
• The Compliance Coordinator works with IRC’s global Ethics and Compliance Unit and Country leadership, to ensure that staff and partners are aware of the IRC’s reporting mechanisms.
• Provide timely support to the ECU on investigations as appropriate, in accordance with the IRC’s investigations process.
• Contribute to investigations on a case-by-case
basis under the guidance of ECU (Sr Director of Investigations). This may include the below:
By agreement and in conjunction with ECU, support or undertake investigations of breaches of IRC Way including alleged fraud, waste, financial corruption, and safeguarding misconduct while ensuring objectivity, impartiality, and fairness throughout the investigative processes in accordance with generally recognized international investigative standards, and IRC Investigation Guidelines.
Prepare investigation reports (in English) and ad hoc briefs pertaining to investigations in coordination with ECU.
Liaise with ECU to ensure identification of impacted donors on allegations of misconduct.
Undertake investigation assignments in the local area at the direction, and in coordination, with ECU, keeping country and regional management informed, when appropriate, consistent with any investigation confidentiality constraints
• Conduct any ad-hoc internal investigative/ crisis related assignments as requested by the Country Director and in coordination with ECU or HR or in response to donor specific queries.
• Work in collaboration with and support MEAL Coordinator on client’s responsiveness.
• Assess risks and manage the resolution of clients’ feedbacks and complaints in confidential manner, within given timescales. Escalate issues from local client responsiveness mechanisms to CD/ECU when appropriate. Ensure local accountability staff are trained in what to escalate and how to do so.
• Perform other tasks as requested by the CD as required.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Compliance Coordinator Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobsin Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.