IRC Clinical Officer Jobs in Uganda
IRC Clinical Officer Jobs in Uganda
Job Description Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala and Kiryandongo settlement. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region.
By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development – bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in the districts of Kitgum, Lamwo, Arua, Yumbe, Kyegegwa, Kiryandongo, Kyaka and Kampala including 7 districts in Karamoja region.
Scope of Work
The Clinical officer shall be responsible for quality clinical services delivery at the PHC facilities and supervise routine care service providers at both static and outreaches. Under the supervision and guidance of the Medical Officer in charge of the Zone, the MCO is expected to develop the capacity of subordinates by provision of On-the site clinical mentorship, support supervision and organizing for continuous medical education or continuous professional development for the facility staffs. S/he is responsible for ensuring staff duty schedules is developed timely and shared among units.
Duties and Responsibilities
• S/he will be expected to work within the health post and community in the catchment population and collaborate with the health implementing partners in the settlement.
• Supervision of health staff and developing project review meetings and coordinating with the appropriate stakeholders.
• The MCO will monitor quality of clinical services at facility level and during outreaches.
• Keep records
of all health services, medicine and medical supplies, infection prevention and control. Responsible for the daily clinical assessment and prescription of treatment for all patients attending the health unit.
• Ensure proper documentation of the history, examination findings, investigations and treatment prescribed.
• Refer to the doctor in charge or to the doctor on call challenging cases and relevant information such as patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management.
• Conduct minor surgical procedures in the OPD minor theatre i.e. stitching cut wounds, I&D of abscesses, removal of minor foreign bodies etc.
• Actively participate in weekly CME’s held at the health facility or post.
• Do health facility coverage and on-call as required.
• Participate in camp health surveys/campaign.
• Assist in daily morning ward rounds of admitted patients with the medical officer assigned to the ward and contribute to bedside teachings to junior staff.
• Keep complete and accurate inventory of medicines and supplies located at the health unit and monitor and supervise their usage.
• Liaises with other cadres in the unit in the delivery of quality health care to patients.
• Adheres to professional codes of conduct and ethics.
• Provide health talks to patients/clients on day to day basis.
• Carry out other relevant duties as may be required or assigned by your supervisor.
• Must have a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
• At least 2 years of work experience, with field experience in a health project implementation.
• Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IRC Clinical Officer Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.