IPPF Specialist: Donor Relations & Partnerships Building Jobs in Kenya
IPPF Specialist: Donor Relations & Partnerships Building Jobs in Kenya
Job Purpose The post holder will be responsible for cultivating donor relations and maximizing revenue from all new and old donors while maintaining old and building new partnerships.
S/he will contribute to the overall increase of IPPFAR revenue while playing a strategic stewardship role, ensuring that all donors to IPPFAR receive appropriate stewardship and understand the impact of their giving.
Key Tasks Person Specification
• Develop a detailed IPPFAR Donor Relations, Partnerships and Resource Mobilization (PRM) Strategy with planning and monitoring tools to respectively implement and review the strategy;
• Rolls out, Monitors and evaluate the Donor Relations, Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Strategy that contributes to IPPF strategic outcome 4, priority 7;
• Monitors and identifies funding trends pipelines and opportunities in sub-Saharan Africa and provides detailed and strategic analysis of solicitations, instructions and other proposal-related information;
• Contributes to and leads all aspects of proposal development including: o Analyses funding opportunity streams and map proposal calendar;
o Assists in ensuring compliance and responsiveness with technical and financial donor requirements and ensure timely submission of quality and competitive proposals;
o Supports proposal writing: assist team members with writing, editing and proofreading proposals as needed in accordance with donor requirements;
o Collects required proposal forms, materials, etc. as stipulated in the funders’ requests for proposals;
o Takes the lead in working with technical teams to identify partners, negotiate roles, and establish teaming agreements;
o Works in close collaboration with the strategic communications department to ensure visibility of projects, to brand them and to communicate on them to donors and other partners;
o Organises a yearly African donor meeting and regularly shares materials developed with the communication team with donors and partners;
o Develops relationships with institutions, academia, the private sector in order to build new donor relations and new partnerships; o Supports HR in the recruitment of project key personnel.
o Drafts specific documents to enhance capacity of Member associations to manage donor relations;
• Coordinates and guide Official Development Assistance (ODA) and other bidding processes from inception to submission, including forecasting, pre-positioning, proposal management and donor stewardship.
• Develops communications plans in collaboration with the communication department to ensure impact and visibility of project and build knowledge and understanding of projects success through evidence-based materials and data;
• Strengthens the capacity (through coaching, training and specialized technical assistance) of IPPFAR Member Associations to access ODA and other funding streams to support in-country SRHR programmes;
• Manages strategic donor relations by conducting donor mapping;
• Supports the negotiation of donor agreements and their clearance by Africa Regional Office and Member Associations.
• Develops donor-facing communication materials to be used in donor and partner engagement as well as proposal development;
• Strengthens the capacity of IPPFAR member associations through coaching, technical assistance and training materials and programs;
• Supports proposal development and other resource mobilization initiatives of IPPFAR member associations;
• S/he shall embrace safeguarding as well as all organisational policies
• To undertake any other duties as may be requested by supervisor.
Professionalism: Understanding of the work of IPPFARO in the field
resource mobilisation and donor relations, partnership building, SRHR and Human rights and communications. Understanding of a diverse funding mechanism. Experience in developing project proposals and managing grants as well as their closure and evaluation. Strong experience in donor relations and partnership building; strong financial management experience; strong understanding of donor requirements and knowledge of the donor community. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of IPPF mandate, particularly in the areas of advocacy, communications, public relations and partnership building. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work. Experience in working team with different backgrounds and experience across several locations.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• Master’s Degree in Social Sciences/International Development Studies, Business Administration and/or related fields
• At least seven years relevant experience and proven track record in networking and fundraising with familiarity in international and domestic funders across health and human development sectors, including but not limited to World Bank, DFID, UN agencies, European bilateral, and private foundations and corporations funding health and human development activities
• Knowledge of Non-governmental Organization (NGO) business development process activities required.
Languages English and French are the working languages of the ARO. For this post fluency in English and French (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
• Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a desk review and/or an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
• Experience working in a multicultural environment.
• Willing to work outside standard office hours as required.
• Willing to travel internationally – about 30 days a year.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IPPF Specialist: Donor Relations & Partnerships Building Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.