IPPF Head of Operations Jobs in Kenya
IPPF Head of Operations Jobs in Kenya
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the post holder is to;
• Lead and ensure that Operations (comprising ARO Finance, Procurement, and Information Technology (with dotted line on HR and Administration) are in line with IPPF’s Strategic Framework and support a high performing, accountable and united Federation;
• Develop and ensure implementation and compliance of procedures and policies for operational efficiency;
• Advise the RD on all Procurement, financial and Information Technology matters and provide the RD with relevant and timely information to enable the RD to discharge financial responsibilities;
• Ensuring that payroll is prepared in adherence to IPPF Staff Handbook provisions
• Ensure that audit results, including those for projects managed by ARO, inform long term Secretariat capacity building in the area of financial management;
• Responsible for the Finance team, the Procurement team and Information Technology team at the Africa Regional Office (ARO) and ensure that ARO Finance, Procurement, HR (with dotted line) and Technology teams provides a high-quality, business-focused services to ARO stakeholders as appropriate;
• Has overall responsibility to ensuring that the Africa Regional Office complies with Kenyan regulatory requirements across Finance, ICT and HR & Administration (with dotted line) including Health and Safety;
• Ensure that the federation’s safeguarding policies are fully adhered to in the IPPF Africa Region Key Tasks
Person Specification Finance
• Ensure that the statutory annual accounts for ARO are prepared and submitted to the relevant Authorities on a timely basis;
• Lead the use and development of the ERP system; monitors entries and results:
• Prepare the office annual budget and monitors expenditure;
• Prepare monthly report of accounts;
• Oversee the preparation, finalization of payroll and payment of salaries;
• Provide direction and leadership to the Operations Team ensuring an effective, modern and cost-effective services to ARO that benefits from economies of scale;
• Provide support to the delivery of the ambitious growth of income, in collaboration with colleagues from Programmes and External Relations and Advocacy departments;
• Provide financial planning forecasts in terms of resource allocation, income and expenditure for ARO. To lead on the development of ARO’s business plans;
• Review and analyse management and statutory reports and provide a commentary on the results for the SMT and volunteer committees. To be responsible for the relationship with the relevant Statutory Authorities and External Auditors ensuring that ARO is correctly meeting its obligations under current Kenyan legislation;
• Oversee the operation and monitoring of a system of budgetary control for the Regional and field offices;
• Ensure that accounting systems are responsive to the changing needs and requirements of ARO as well as donors and other third parties;
• Ensure the production of quality financial reports and the compilation of financial management information for the RD, for Regional consideration and other key meetings and participants;
• In collaboration with Central Office Director, Operations and Financial Controller, to ensure effective bank relationships and to negotiate and establish with bankers’ preferential interest rates with regard to agreed lines of credit for ARO;
• Identify and ensure corrective action is taken on problem areas which affect the reporting between field/regional offices and Central Office Units. Visit field/regional offices as necessary;
• In collaboration with Central Office
Financial Controller, ensure a comprehensive pension provision for ARO;
• In collaboration with CO Financial Controller, oversee a comprehensive insurance provision for ARO; Procurement
• Oversee the functions and responsibilities of the procurement Unit;
• Ensure adherence to the Organisation’s procurement policies, rules, regulations, practises as well as donor requirements;
• Ensure the procurement goals are to achieve value for money for the organisation Safeguarding
• Ensure that IPPF ARO has a risk management strategy and that risks are managed effectively by all staff and that the risk register is maintained and regularly updated and reported
• To lead, to be responsible and accountable for the ARO’s office prevention, detection, management and reporting of fraud and safeguarding matters; Member Associations
• To ensure that financial risks related to restricted and unrestricted funds in MAs are identified and appropriate actions timely taken;
• To lead the financial capacity building of member associations Human Resources & Administration
• Provide support to the Head of RDO in managing HR and administration.;
• Ensure HR compliance with policies and procedures
• Develop and roll out Financial and HR policies and SOPs in compliance with IPPF rules and regulations in close collaboration with the People, culture, organisational development and administration manager Information Communication & Technology
• Ensure effective implementation of all Kenyan Data Protection Regulations as it affects ARO. Ensure the security and protection of ARO Data and information;
• Ensure IPPF Regional Office and Sub-offices have appropriate information and communication technology (ICT) systems;
• Ensure IPPF Regional Office and Sub-offices have appropriate information and communication technology (ICT) systems,
• Oversee and support the development of ICT and infrastructure at ARO to facilitate efficient communication between ARO staff and stakeholders;
• Provide leadership in monitoring the appropriate use of the infrastructure and equipment in the ARO office;
• Provide leadership in the proper use and management of the ERP system;
• Undertake any other duties as requested by supervisor Education
• Post-graduate qualification in Business Administration & Management (MBA/MSc) or equivalent standard of education/experience
• A fully qualified chartered accountant – ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CPA (or equivalent standard of education) 3) Work Experience
• 10 - 15 years of post-graduate working experience. Broad experience in financial and operations management. Languages English and French are the working languages of the ARO. For this post fluency in English and French (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
Assessment Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a desk review and/or an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
• Experience in working in a multicultural environment.
• Willing to work outside standard office hours as required.
• Willing to travel internationally – about 30 days a year.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IPPF Head of Operations Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!