IPOA Senior Driver - Jobs in Kenya
IPOA Senior Driver - Jobs in Kenya
To drive the assigned vehicleKey Responsibilities/ Duties / TasksManagerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
N/AOperational Responsibilities / Tasks1)
Drive the assigned vehicle2)
Service and maintain motor vehicles3)
Detect and report malfunctioning of the vehicle systems;4)
Maintain work ticket (s) for vehicle (s)assigned;5)
Maintain security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road6)
Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle(s);7)
Administer first aid in the event of an accident;8)
Guide, coach and mentor junior driversJob Dimensions:Financial Responsibility
N/AResponsibility for Physical AssetsResponsible for assigned motor vehicle and keys and other equipment assigned to him/her (office equipment, furniture, work tickets)
Decision Making / Job Influence
Works predominantly in the field with occasional office setting
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D (Plain) and above or its equivalent qualification.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
1) Served in the grade of Driver II for a minimum period of three (3) years or five (5) years in a comparable and relevant position in the Public or Private sector;
2) Passed Occupational Trade Test I for drivers conducted by the relevant Government Ministry/Department;
3) Valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(s) of vehicle(s) an officer is required to drive;
4) Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya of its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
5) A certificate in Refresher Course for drivers at Kenya Institute of Highway and
building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
6) First-Aid Certificate lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
7) A valid Certificate of Good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
Previous relevant work experience required.
A minimum of at least (6) years driving experience
1) Transport and fleet management skills
2) Organization and Planning Skills
3) Mechanical skills
5) Decision Making
6) Interpersonal Skills
7) Communication Skills
8) Defensive driving,
9) First aid skills
1) Transparency and accountability
2) Ethics and Integrity
4) Creativity and innovation
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position and job reference number, on both the cover letter, envelope and email applications, together with IPOA Employment form, a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Tuesday, 13th September, 2022 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer,
Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Detailed job descriptions and specifications for the above positions are available in our website www.ipoa.go.ke/careers
Upon offer of employment, the successful candidate MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing copies of the following documents;
A valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI);
A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)and
A Valid Clearance form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health
or social status. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
IPOA does not engage any recruitment agencies and no medical examination is required before one attends an interview. IPOA does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting or interview).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information and job application details, see; IPOA Senior Driver Jobs in Kenya
Find daily jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best African Jobs.