IOM Senior Regional Programme Coordinator (BRMM) Jobs in Kenya
IOM Senior Regional Programme Coordinator (BRMM) Jobs in Kenya
Context: Under the overall and administration supervision of the Regional Director of the East and Horn of Africa (EHOA) and direct technical supervision of the Senior Regional Thematic Specialist (RTS) for Labour Mobility and Social Inclusion the Senior Regional Programme Coordinator (Better Regional Migration Management) will be responsible for the overall development, management, coordination and implementation of the Better Regional Migration Management Programme (BRMM) and for creating synergies with related regional project activities, including IOM’s Joint Labour Migration Program (JLMP), IDF EAC and other relevant regional and national EHOA programs/projects.
Launched in August 2021 with funding from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), the Labour Mobility and Regional Integration for Safe, Orderly and Humane Labour Migration in East And Horn Of Africa: East Africa Migration Management Regional Better Migration Management aims to enhance labour migration governance and protection of migrant workers and their family members’ human, social and labour rights through intra and inter-regional cooperation on a whole of government and whole of society approach, to support regional integration and facilitate mobility for transformative inclusive and sustainable economic growth as well as youth and women empowerment.
The program has four pillars and IOM has lead role:
• Pillar 1: Mobility, Regional Integration, Social Cohesion including EAC Common Market Protocol/IGAD FMP, others (AfCTA)
• Pillar Two: Ethical Recruitment, BLMAS, Consular cooperation, Migrant workers’ and their families’ rights
• Pillar Three: Returning migrant workers and members of their families’ vulnerabilities, protection needs and risks, return and reintegration in the East and Horn of Africa
• Pillar 4: Gender responsive migration governance in the EHOA region
A robust communication and visibility strategy and action plan will support the aims of the programme.
The programme works at two levels: the regional and national levels. At the regional level, IOM proposes to work with both RECs and their Member States through the Regional Ministerial Forum on Migration (RMFM) and its Technical Working Groups (TWGs).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Develop, initiate, and plan all IOM components of the Better Regional Migration Management (BRMM) Programme including ensuring coordination and effective implementation, analysing, and assessing needs and appraising the suitability of proposed actions.
Work closely with finance unit/s to ensure the monitoring of expenses and the development of alternative plans to redirect funds when/where necessary.
Monitor and assess programme activities and take corrective or alternative action for improvement and success.
Provide direction for the development and implementation of the IOM-BRMM project in coordination with relevant country offices and other relevant, where deemed necessary, Regional Thematic Specialists.
Establish, develop, and maintain partnerships as required at the regional level, including with all implementing missions, partners, donor, and relevant stakeholders.
Advise and guide country offices to develop and/or enhance working relationships with the national authorities, international organizations, other donors, and civil society actors relevant to the implementation of the BRMM project.
Supervise and direct programme managers/ officers and other programme staff; oversee and coordinate, as required, the recruitment of programming staff and consultants.
Ensure appropriate coordination with and amongst respective RTS and information sharing within the Regional Office (RO), IOM London, IOM Bahrain and EHOA Country Missions involved in the implementation of projects.
Coordinate, organize and represent the Organization in donor and partner meetings, seminars and workshops as required. Prepare and make presentations, including position papers.
Mobilise additional resources for IOM RO and country offices in coordination with relevant departments/COMs/RD/RTSs.
Elaborate and implement in coordination with Media and Communication Unit (MCU) a BRMM regional M&C strategy and action plan and identify courses of action towards the promotion of IOM’s image and activities in the region.
Identify synergies and more cross-border programming among missions. Prepare reports and recommendations for the way forward.
Provide authoritative advisory support and participation in policy development, strategy sessions, or special projects and initiatives, preparing briefings and reports for EHOA IOM RO and country offices.
Identify potential programming areas for consideration for subsequent project development and resource mobilization through/in coordination with the RO structures.
Manage and retain special relationships
with government officials and/or private sector as assigned by RD.
Strengthen IOM’s planning and engagement on diaspora issues in EHOA.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Business Administration, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in the field of migration and development issues, including previous operational and field experience in EHOA, IOM project development, and management;
• Experience of regional issues is a distinct advantage.
• Demonstrated high level of expertise in the thematic areas relevant to the project – specifically Labour Migration and Social Inclusion(LMI) and socioeconomic development areas;
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation;
• Demonstrate high level of diplomatic and government relations;
• Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with government authorities, national and international organizations, and other project partners;
• Ability to interpret information and identify and analyse problems;
• Excellent report writing skills and level of computer literacy.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic, French , Spanish and/or EHOA languages is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via
PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 21 June 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.