IOM Programme Officer (Shelter and NFI) Jobs in South Sudan
IOM Programme Officer (Shelter and NFI) Jobs in South SudanContextUnder the overall supervision of the Head of Operations and direct supervision of the Program Coordinator (Shelter and Non-food items (NFI)), the successful candidate will be responsible for the timely provision of NFIs to returnees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in need, across South Sudan.
S/he will be part of the IOM NFI/ES team, operational in developing humanitarian situations, and delivering IOM NFI response on the ground.
S/he will be based in Wau but will be roving across South Sudan as needed.
S/he will represent Shelter and NFI Unit in various forums.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Assist the Shelter/NFI Programme Coordinator in timely and adequate implementation of the Shelter/NFI Programme activities.
Support SNFI Programme Coordinator in programme activities organized for frontline responses including multi-cluster response mechanisms.
In close coordination with the Program Coordinator (Shelter/NFI), design and conduct technical assessments and technical feasibility surveys.
Contribute to the development of layouts, shelter designs and Bill of Quantity (BoQs) to maximize efficiency, space and life of shelters in service.
Support National S/NFI Cluster in building capacity of national Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) in construction methodologies.
Support S/NFI Programme Coordinator in implementation of the programme, including progress reports, beneficiary lists, and S/NFI staff activities to enable the implementation of the programme as planned.
Support S/NFI Programme Coordinator in the development of cash assistance programmes and check that Cash-Based Initiatives (CBIs) is effectively integrated in operations based on IOM’s CBI strategy.
Liaise with Implementation Partners (IPs, including pipeline partner), monitor IP’s programme progress, and follow up as necessary to ensure timely and quality data/reports received.
Undertake field visit and facilitate close coordination with local government authorities in all phases of the programme’s implementation.
Facilitate the consideration and integration of cross-cutting issues such as environment, AAP, gender, children, Gender Based Violence (GBV) and other vulnerable groups in the programme implementation.
Support project team for the effective management and timely implementation of work plans and budgets.
Perform such other duties as maybe assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in humanitarian response, operational field or a related field experience;
• Experience in developing shelter design, Bill of Quantities (BoQs), and quality assurance of shelter projects;
• Experience in Cash Based Intervention programming;
• Emergency programming experience and previous project implementation and management experience, including project monitoring and reporting;
• Work experience in South Sudan or East Africa.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 10 August 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system.
The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.